Easter at Huka Lodge
Easter at Huka Lodge
Within the beautiful grounds of Relais & Chateau property, Huka Lodge in Taupo, New Zealand, lies an enchanted secret garden and a perfect family haven just waiting to be discovered. This Easter, if you go down to the woods at Huka Lodge you’ll be in for a big surprise, as behind those majestic hedges, ancient pungas and rolling lawns, a wonderful treasure hunt will reveal a trail of eggs left by the Easter Bunny on his annual pilgrimage past the Waikato River. Two adults and two children staying for two nights is priced at NZ$7150 plus GST and includes Easter activities for the kids, delicious chef-prepared children’s menus.
Loved by generations of families since 1924, Taupo’s Huka Lodge provides a warm welcome to families wanting to gather for celebrations of any nature, and this Easter’s program promises to be fun for everyone, whatever their age.
For any two adults with up to two children staying for two nights, the family will receive:
- On arrival, a fun activity gift will be waiting for the children.
- Children’s activities on each day of the stay including Easter-themed colouring-in and an Easter Egg Hunt within the grounds.
- Delicious children’s menus prepared especially by the chefs at Huka Lodge.
- Chocolate Easter eggs at turndown for one night of the stay.
- One child under five years of age can stay at Huka Lodge on a complimentary basis, when sharing a room with their parents. A cot can be provided if required and the Lodge also has a limited number of adjoining rooms for children.
Whatever time of year, families staying at Huka Lodge can enjoy access to an excellent babysitting service, private dining venues within the grounds perfect for families, outdoor activities including all-weather tennis courts, croquet, petanque, swimming pool and spa pools, and many traditional games.
The Lodge can also arrange activities in the region which are ideal for families, including horse and pony riding, fishing, trekking, bungy jumping and jet-boat rides.
For those families who seek privacy, The Owner’s Cottage and Alan Pye Cottage are ideal and both located within the grounds, offering a ‘home away from home’ with adjoining rooms for nannies.
Huka Lodge is a sister property to Dolphin Island, Fiji, and Grande Provence Estate, South Africa. All three properties comprise The Huka Retreats and are the vision of their founder, entrepreneur Alex van Heeren.