Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island Grand Opening
The hotel is the culmination of a five year project to create an architecturally compelling building that is at the forefront of global hotel and environmental design. Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, set to open in May 2013, is spread over 29 floors, with 138 individually styled rooms that capture the truly intriguing and dynamic environment in which it resides. Wrapping the building is a striking gold dragon, functioning as an ‘eco-screen’ to counteract hot spots and solar gain, and representing the future of environmental design in Hong Kong. The impressive rooftop, sure to be a much talked about destination in Hong Kong, features Skybar and a dramatic infinity glass bottomed pool, from which can be seen the hustle and bustle of the local Wan Chai neighbourhood.
One of the defining features of the hotel is the level of engagement of employees with the guests. Team members are trained to be confident in sharing local knowledge and experience with the hotel’s guests, and in encouraging the building of relationships that will spark return custom for guests eager to learn more of the wonders of Wan Chai. The principal aim is to make guests feel welcome and treasured, offering a sanctuary in the bustling metropolis of Hong Kong where everything they need is at their fingertips.
Guests at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island can enjoy a myriad of world-class facilities:
- The intimate rooftop Skybar, designed by HBA Design Consultants, is sure to become an instant Hong Kong hit, serving up classic cocktails, bubbles and great wines as well as delicious snacks in a stylish and up-scale environment that, through clever interior design maintains a connection to the nostalgia of the surrounding neighbourhood and local culture. The urban views of Hong Kong make Skybar a must visit venue for travellers and also a chic and glamorous place to meet for after-work drinks.
- The 13.6m x 3.6m rooftop cantilevered and glass-bottomed infinity pool is a dramatic way to cool off, literally floating above Wan Chai neighbourhood.
- Café Post on the 2nd floor offers an all-day menu combining a continental taste with a touch of local flavour and arguably the best coffee in Wan Chai. Cosy and comfortable, the intimate space reflects the diverse Wan Chai neighbourhood. Its alfresco terrace area is directly opposite the historic Old Wan Chai Post Office.
- State-of-the-art business facilities make Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island the perfect venue for business meetings. The eight seat Boardroom has cable modem for high speed internet, LED TV, Blu-Ray, Stationery, tea, coffee and refreshments with Digital Projector, White Board, LCD Projector and more available upon request.
- A 24-hour gym is available for workouts if guests have any remaining energy after a hard day’s sightseeing, with treadmills, exercise bike and free weights.
- The hotel library is a peaceful sanctuary from the busy hustle and bustle of Wan Chai. Comfortable, spacious and modern, it has a great selection of books and movies available for guests to borrow.