The Favourite Hotels of SPG Members
Members of Starwood Preferred Guest®, Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ loyalty programme, have voted to compile a list of the brand’s ‘Best of the Best’ offerings in 2014. There were 67 properties named among a variety of categories, selected from Starwood’s near 1200-strong collection worldwide. Topping the new Ultimate 10 category – which outlines the highest member-rated destinations – was The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician in Arizona, USA, with properties in the UAE, Italy, China, Qatar, Greece and Mexico also noted. The awards span a variety of the brand’s offerings, from Best Exotic Excursion (won by Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai) to New & Noteworthy (topped by the Element Vaughan Southwest).
The Ultimate 10
- The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician®, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale, Ariz., U.S.
- Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- The Westin Excelsior, Florence, Italy
- Sheraton Qiandao Lake Resort, China
- W Doha Hotel & Residences, Qatar
- The St. Regis Florence, Italy
- Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos, Greece
- The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice, Italy
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico
- The Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos and The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort each made the list in four separate categories, the most of any other hotels, both making The Ultimate 10 and Best Beach & Island Retreat.
- Stunning views of Qiandao Lake have seen the Sheraton Qiandao Lake Resort placed as a Top 10 China hotel.
- The glittering towers of the Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai take luxury to a new level. With Michelin-star chefs, rock-star DJs, a cosmopolitan vibe and a spectacular view of the Dubai Marina, Grosvenor House is the heart of the Dubai social scene and the Best City Experience according to SPG Members.
- Nestled deep within Dubai’s dune and desert landscape, the lush oasis of Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai offers guests an unforgettable adventure and earned the top spot for Best Exotic Excursion.
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort withprivate beach, surfing lessons and a two-level Family Pool is the perfect place to play, topping the list for Best Family Adventures.
For the full 2014 SPG Member Favorite Hotels & Resorts list, visit spg.com/memberfavorites.