A family Christmas in Antarctica
Abercrombie & Kent has space available on two of its luxury expeditionary cruises this December which means families can spend Christmas in Antarctica. Both are dedicated family departures with expert lecturer guides to enthral parents on fascinating shore excursions and onboard lectures plus the specially tailored Young Explorers programme for junior travellers offering unique activities from squid dissection and child-only Zodiac rides to nautical knot-tying and photography lessons.
Save US$3000 per person on a Category 1-3 cabin when you book the 13 December 2016 and 19 December 2016 departures by 31 July 2016.
- Gain a deep understanding of the region with enriching lectures by award-winning experts, including scientists, historians and those awarded the coveted Polar Medal
- Learn about the fascinating life of one of Antarctica’s greatest explorers, Ernest Shackleton, when you visit his gravesite in Grytviken, South Georgia
- Visit an active research station and observe preservation efforts to protect Antarctica’s one-of-a-kind habitat
- Set off for exciting shore excursions in swift Zodiacs, where closer views of the land and wildlife reveal the remarkable biodiversity of the Southern Ocean
- Choose from three special A&K departures: Family Holiday (13 and 19 December) with children’s programming, spirited celebrations and unforgettable landings; and a dedicated Photography Expedition (17 January), led by professional photographers Richard Harker and Charley Wheatley, designed for all levels of skill and equipment preferences
- Enjoy convenient A&K charter flights to and from Ushuaia