In pictures: W Las Vegas opens its doors to Sin City
W Las Vegas will celebrate its grand opening in March, along with new features like a WET Deck and the largest meeting space of any W hotel.
In Las Vegas this elevated hotel-within-a-hotel concept offers guests a distinctive experience beginning with arrival and check-in through the W’s signature Living Room lobby. Evoking a sense of Vegas glamour, the Living Room bar was inspired by casino gaming tables, while intimate seating nooks are a nod to the hotel’s original mid-century incarnation as the Sahara. Behind the bar, a neon art “desert garden” by artist Keith Lemley dramatically transforms the space from day to night.
The hotel will also offer the 24-hour FIT, Away spa, W’s signature Whatever/Whenever service, and the most meeting space of any W property yet. Guests of the W Las Vegas will also have complete access to world-class dining, including Bazaar Meat by José Andrés; Katsuya; Cleo; Umami Burger; 800 Degrees Neopolitan Pizza; Northside Café & Chinese Kitchen; and The Perq, as well as additional nightlife venues.
Guest rooms will range from 30 square metres for the Wonderful Room to the indulgent 220-square-metre Extreme WOW Suite, complete with separate living room and oversized bath with mountain views. Special opening rates start at US$169 per night, with taxes and fees.
Design details abound through the hotel, including:
- An elevator lobby lined with playing cards from the original Sahara casino
- An art installation behind the front desk made from poker chips that were hand-signed by workers who built the hotel
- A Boardwalk-style fortune teller named Booker Glam who issues words of wisdom to curious guests
- Phillipe Starck-designed guestrooms that feature a cheeky interpretation of luxury hospitality, as well as the signature W bedding
- A 221-square-metre Extreme WOW Suite designed by multi-talented artist Lenny Kravitz