Azamara Club Cruises announces additional Cuba Voyages
Azamara Club Cruises has added four additional sailings to its line-up of Cuba voyages. Departing from Miami, the sailings on board the recently revitalised Azamara Quest feature overnights in Havana, as well as visits to two maiden ports of call: Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba. As the cruise brand that pioneered immersive destination experiences, Azamara is offering more opportunities for guests to travel deeper into Cuba.
“Interest in travelling to Cuba from both new and loyal guests is undeniable,” said Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “Destination Immersion is the heartbeat of our brand, so naturally we wanted to deliver authentic experiences in Cuba – from new ports to unique land discovery offerings – that truly bring the country’s rich history, culture and people to life.”
Azamara has created a variety of unique people-to-people shore excursions in Cuba. Travellers can enjoy the destination from sunup to sundown – exploring historic sites by day, followed by mojitos and sultry Cuban music in the evening. Multiple overnight stays also allow guests the opportunity to experience the destination at night when the cobblestone streets are filled with music from salsa clubs, the scent of hand rolled Cuban cigars, and delicious local cuisine.
Shore Excursion offerings feature a variety of experiences including a visit to the open-air cabaret, Tropicana, a Nelson Dominguez art gallery tour, Havana by classic car along the Malecón waterfront and Hemingway’s Havana, with more experiences coming soon. All tour programmes offered by Azamara are designed to meet US requirements for travel to Cuba.
Two new Cuban ports of call
- Cienfuegos: Known as La Perla del Sur (Pearl of the South), Cienfuegos sits on the south-central coast of Cuba. Cienfuegos translates to “100 fires” and the town adds a bright light to this fascinating country.
- Santiago de Cuba: Perched on the Caribbean Sea southeast of the capital of Havana is Santiago de Cuba. The soul of Cuba’s second largest city is bustling, diverse and bursting at the seams with fascinating history and cultural life.
Six opportunities to experience Cuba
Azamara’s full list of Cuba itineraries for 2017 and 2018 is below. Demand is high, so travellers are encouraged to book early.
- Havana Discovery Voyage: 10-night round trip sailing from Miami departing on 20 November 2017 with a call to Florida, and overnights in Havana, Cuba and Cozumel, Mexico.
- Havana Getaway Voyage: Four-night round trip sailing from Miami departing 27 November 2017. The voyage includes an overnight stay in Havana, Cuba.
- Panama Canal & Costa Rica Voyage: 11-night cruise from Miami to Costa Rica departing 4 January 2018. The sailings includes overnight stays in Havana, Cuba; Fuerte Amador (Panama City) in Panama and Caldera in Costa Rica, as well as calls to Golfito, Quepos and Puntarenas in Costa Rica, and cruising through the Panama Canal.
- Cuba Intensive Voyage: 10-night round trip from Miami cruise departing 9 March 2018, which includes a call to Royal Caribbean’s private island of Labadee in Haiti, two overnights in Havana and maiden calls to Santiago de Cuba and Cienfuegos in Cuba.
- Cuba & Grand Cayman Voyage: Seven-night sailing round trip from Miami and departing on 19 March 2018. The voyage includes an overnight docked in Havana, as well as calls to George Town in Grand Cayman, Santiago de Cuba in Cuba and Royal Caribbean’s private island of Labadee in Haiti.
- Cuba Intensive Voyage: 10-night round trip itinerary from Miami departing 28 March 2018, with two overnights in Havana as well as calls to Key West in Florida and Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba in Cuba.