One&Only Sanya, China expected to open this year
One&Only Sanya is located on Hainan, a South China Sea island that boasts a balmy, year-round tropical climate, making it an ideal holiday destination.
Known as the ‘Kingdom of Butterflies’, Hainan boasts lush rainforests, mountains, waterfalls and rivers. The island’s rich historical tapestry will be reflected throughout the resort, featuring approximately 190 rooms, including 48 premiere suites and six villas.
Guests can enjoy regional specialties in the island’s idyllic setting. Each restaurant is immersed in rare character and features impeccable service and sublime views. Guests may also dine al fresco on their private terrace.
Activities and excursions will include:
- Riding the rapids down the Wanquan River
- Snorkelling through an archipelago of brilliant coral reefs
- Keeping fit in the state-of-the-art Fitness Centre
- Viewing the island from on high with a trek up Wuzhi Mountain
- Exploring the storied history of the area as a place of refuge for artists and poets
- Dining at Hainan’s first celebrity restaurant in collaboration with Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges
- Trying Hai Xuan, a Chinese restaurant serving modern yet classic Cantonese cuisine and Dim Sum
- Relaxing at the Spa, which features authentic Hammam and the first ‘snow cabin’ in China
- Joining Hainan Island’s first Teens Club for teenagers aged 12 to 17
- Shopping in collaboration with luxury fashion brands including Stefano Ricci and Marie France Van Damme.
Designed by Jean-Michel Gathy, who previously developed the award-winning One&Only Reethi Rah in the Maldives, the hotel is in line with the traditional Chinese architectural principle, ’round sky and squared earth, in harmony with nature’. This is evident in the lobby design which is shaped like a treasure basin with an indoor waterfall.