Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort surfs into 50th anniversary
Summer 2017 marks half a century of Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort welcoming visitors from around the globe to experience an epic vacation in Hawaii. The resort’s prime location is the original home of Outrigger Canoe Club, which served as the inspiration for the global hospitality company’s name. To commemorate its 50-year milestone, the iconic beachfront resort is presenting guests with two limited-time offers: the Outrigger $50 for 50 promotion and the Outrigger Hawaii 5-0 Celebrations package.
“For five decades, Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort has set the standard for engaging travel and providing vacations that connect visitors to the history and spirit of this place,” said Revell Newton, general manager of Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. “From surf lessons in the waters that Duke Kahanamoku paddled his famous wooden ‘Duke’ board to live music performances nightly and complimentary local cultural programming, our guests treasure the unique experiences we offer and appreciate the heartfelt hospitality we deliver.”
Kicking off the 50th celebrations will be a special edition of Duke’s on Sunday – 23 July from 4-6 p.m. at Duke’s Waikiki restaurant, located oceanfront inside Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. Henry Kapono will be playing and bringing along renowned guest performers. The following night is a VIP “Golden Anniversary” event at Blue Note Hawaii on the second floor of the resort, with special performances from award-winning artists Makana and Henry Kapono. A handful of guests staying on property that night will receive a “surprise and delight” gift, including tickets to attend this once-in-a-lifetime party. Outrigger’s long-standing local philanthropic partner Waikiki Community Center and property land owner Queen Emma Land Co. will be honored.
$50 for 50 Promotion
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort is offering a “$50 for 50” promotion to mark its 50th anniversary – giving guests a $50 resort credit when they book five or more nights from now through 22 August 2017. The resort credit can be used for dining, spa or in-room purchases. Travel must take place before 15 December 2017.
Outrigger Hawaii 5-0 Celebrations Package
Whether vacationers are celebrating a romantic anniversary, a family reunion or a best friends’ getaway, the “Outrigger Hawaii 5-0 Celebrations” package can be personalised based on the preferences of each party for up to 50 guests. Packages start at $2500 (based on a three-night stay).
- Deluxe three-night ocean view or oceanfront suite accommodations
- Private VIP transportation to and from the airport
- A personal hotel welcome gift with lei greeting and private VIP check-in
- An in-suite sunset sparkling wine celebration with appetizers for 10 people
- Advance dinner reservations at hotspots such as Duke’s Waikiki, Hula Grill or Kani Ka Pila Grille
- Special room rates for accompanying guests
Popular add-ons and alternatives for each itinerary include:
- Suite upgrade to Outrigger’s Signature Suite featuring an expansive private deck and
180-degree ocean views of Waikiki
- 50-minute in-suite couples massage for two guests
- In-room pedicure party with cocktails and appetizers
- Private sunset catamaran cruise
- Customised hosted tour of the island to visit the top places for sightseeing
- Sunset dinner party for up to 50 people at a beachfront island venue
- A private Hawaiian-inspired vow renewal on the beach
- Exclusive VIP experience with headline performance at Blue Note Hawaii