Azamara Club Cruises partners with the Venice-Simplon Orient-Express train
Azamara Club Cruises has announced an enriching new inclusive pre-and-post Land and Sea programme in Europe. In partnership with Belmond’s Venice-Simplon Orient-Express train, this programme takes guests deeper into European locales and allows travellers to stay longer and experience even more on land with a unique vantage point.
The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express travels between London and Venice offering travellers packages designed to extend an Azamara vacation with even more cultural discovery in additional ports. Travellers can relive the Golden Age of travel through the original 1920s vintage carriages, gourmet cuisine and spectacular scenery.
Azamara and Venice Simplon-Orient-Express will provide guests the distinct opportunity to combine train, hotel and cruise travel in a personalised way. Guests are invited to indulge in:
- Timeless authenticity: The private cabins on board the 1920s carriages provide inspiring back stories and history. Sleeping Car 3425 is famously associated with King Carol II, who escaped Romania with his mistress aboard the train in 1940. Stunning vintage details such as René Prou designs and René Lalique glass panels make each carriage feel like a time capsule giving travellers the chance to relive history.
- Gourmet cuisine: The train’s executive chef Christian Bodiguel has spent the last 33 years creating culinary masterpieces and prepares three-course lunches and four-course dinners of classic French dishes. Menus change seasonally and everything is cooked fresh on board, with Bodiguel selecting local ingredients from the destinations the train visits.
- Spectacular scenery: Europe’s most stunning scenery can be viewed through two different routes spanning the Gotthard Route and the Arlberg Route, boasting incredible views of the Swiss Lakes as well as the dramatic Dolomites. Both routes offer breathtaking mountain views, crystal-clear lakes and quaint towns and vineyards tucked into the mountainside.
Additional route highlights include:
- London to Venice Pre-Voyage: Guests will depart London’s Victoria Station aboard the Belmond British Pullman, sister train of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, for the journey to Folkestone. Enjoy a Bellini brunch and silver service as the train passes through the lush Kentish countryside, before transferring across the Channel via the Channel Tunnel. Once aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in Calais, a four-course dinner is prepared by French chefs and served in one of the three restaurant cars. Guests head to Bar Car 3674 for a nightcap before retiring to their cabin for an overnight stay. Continental breakfast is served in the cabin, followed by lunch in the restaurant car. Relax over afternoon tea as the train makes its way to Venice and then depart the train for an overnight in Venice including luxury accommodations at the Hotel Monaco in the heart of the charming city.
- Venice to London Post-Voyage: After a relaxing evening spent at the Hotel Monaco guests board the gleaming carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express where they wave goodbye to Venice over a three-course lunch. Afternoon Tea is served in guests’ cabin before they mingle with fellow passengers in Bar Car 3674, followed by a dinner in one of the three restaurant cars. Linger over continental breakfast served in guests’ cabins the following morning, followed by a lunch en route to Calais where guests will transfer for the Channel Tunnel crossing. On the other side, board the Belmond British Pullman, sister train to the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, which takes guests from Folkestone to London Victoria Station, with afternoon tea served on the way accompanied by a glass of English sparkling wine.
Travellers looking to complement their Alaskan cruise will enjoy the Wilderness Express, available through Azamara’s land and sea packages. Travellers can experience unobstructed views taken in from a glass-domed upper level or outside platform as they travel by glaciers, fjords and scenery not visible from the road en route from Anchorage to Fairbanks. And in 2019, the programme will expand further, offering guests options to explore Canada by train in combination with their Alaskan cruise. The Canadian Rocky Mountaineer will offer guests the ultimate experience of the Pacific Northwest and Canadian Rockies with views of untouched landscape and wildlife across multiple distinct rail routes and more than 65 vacation packages.