Owners and operators of The Star Sydney, Echo Entertainment, have revealed new plans for the world’s first truly connected and integrated resort in Sydney. The proposed property would see a continuous entertainment, hotel and business event precinct that would link Pyrmont, Darling Harbour and Barangaroo via a series of walkways, cycleways and bridges. The proposal, which has been submitted, highlights two brand new luxury hotels – a six-star hotel and a five-star premium hotel, which will add a total of 500 hotel rooms to The Star complex. The new development plans are estimated to cost AU$1.1 billion and will also include new entertainment facilities, business meeting spaces and dining and recreational outlets.
Adding to the recently completed AU$870 million redevelopment of The Star Sydney, the proposed development sees a world class integrated resort complex which is to include:
- World class meetings and event facilities to add to Sydney’s capacity and flexibility to host
- Two brand new hotels – a six star luxury hotel and a five star premium hotel to make a total of 1,150 rooms at The Star and to complement the planned 500 rooms at SICEEP
- Redevelopment of the existing Astral Towers and Residences specifically designed for the business and event traveller
- 20 restaurants and bars to take the total at The Star to 50 dining experiences
- Architecturally designed parklands featuring large format public art commissioned and curated by a newly formed partnership with the Museum of Contemporary Art
- A range of entertainment facilities including 10,000 square metres of rooftop waterfront space to create an unparalleled shoreline experience
- Upgrades to The Star’s light rail station to improve connections and integrate it more seamlessly with the resort and the wider precinct including the new International Convention Exhibition and Entertainment Centre
- A new pedestrian and cycling bridge known as CityLink which will connect Pyrmont to Barangaroo transport mall, cycleways and the northern and mid areas of the CBD.