FRHI Hotels & Resorts announced at the Arabian Travel Market its plans to create seven new hotels in the burgeoning Middle East, Africa and Indian region; a push that will see the company on track to achieve its goal of doubling its regional footprint by 2020 (they currently have 19 hotels in the area). In Saudi Arabia the brand will be opening the Raffles Jeddah and Swissôtel Jeddah; in the UAE it will open Swissôtel Jaddaf, and in Nigeria there will be a new Fairmont Lagos. In Egypt FRHI will be partnering with Citystars for a venture in Sharm el Sheikh that will encompass a signature golf course along with Fairmont, Swissôtel and Raffles properties.
- Raffles Jeddah – The hotel will feature 180 guestrooms and 188 branded residences, offering special wedding suites for newlyweds, as well as a great number of recreational options such as a library, penthouse-level entertainment suite, and a 1200-square-metre spa and fitness club featuring an indoor ladies-only pool. The hotel will have state-of-the-art event and meeting facilities, including a 1000-square-metre ballroom overlooking the corniche and 750-square-metres of meeting space.
- Swissôtel Jeddah – The hotel will have 350 guestrooms, executive rooms and suites, a unique variety of innovative and trendy dining options, 2500-square-metres of meeting and conference space, and a 1200-square-metre Pürovel Spa and Sport center featuring indoor and outdoor pools.
- Swissôtel Jaddaf – In an excellent location just minutes from the Dubai International Airport and close to the Princess Haya Children’s Hospital, the property will feature 276 guestrooms and suites, 1600-square-metres of ultra-contemporary meeting and conference space and a Pürovel Spa & Sport, which has philosophy that is inspired by the Alpine seasons.
- Fairmont Citystars Sharm el Sheikh – Scheduled to open in 2015, The Fairmont will include extensive retail, residential apartments and the largest Crystal Lagoon in the world. It will feature 457 guestrooms and 232 residences.
- Swissôtel Citystars Sharm el Sheikh – The first Swissôtel in Egypt, it will have 400 guestrooms and suites overlooking the Crystal Lagoon alongside retail space, as well as 400 residences due to open in 2016.
- Raffles Citystars Sharm el Sheikh – A luxury offering of 250 guestrooms and 50 residential villas facing a private lagoon, Raffles will boast a huge banquet and conference island, retail souks, a La Croisette leisure and retail promenade, and a Colin Montgomery 18-hole championship golf course.
- Fairmont Lagos – Featuring 220 guestrooms and suites, 50 residences, a Fairmont Gold lounge and an art gallery, the property will showcase a diverse range of handmade arts and crafts including beautifully carved wooden furniture and statues. A highlight will be the 1800-square-metre Willow Stream Spa offering authentic treatment options and an extensive menu of relaxation programmes.