Brisbane’s Emporium Hotel is an unmissable fixture on the region’s cocktail circuit, and it has created a Winter Cocktail Bar Menu to warm the soul. The hotel’s famed Cocktail Bar offers a drink selection that is a stepped adventure, now accompanied by a drink-inspired Winter Bites menu. Staff of the bar take inspiration from classic sips, adding polish and twists to forgotten nostalgic favourites using only the finest quality spirits and ingredients. Creating a ‘food trail’ theme, the cocktails are listed under Entrées, Mains, Desserts and All Day Classics, all of them good enough to eat.
For the late-riser, The Morning Tea runs all day and night with Camomile-infused Beefeater Gin, Licor 43 Vanilla, Aperol, Earl Grey Tea, Peach puree and rhubarb bitters.
Still the soul with a spirited Provencal Hot Toddy laced with Martell VS Cognac, Le Birlour apple and chestnut liqueur, lemon and apple juice and orgeat.
Fire-up a cold chest and take a wild turn on the Bloody Mary in Pico de Maria where Absolut Vodka meets Del Maguey Mezcal, red wine, tomato juice, coriander, cocktail onions, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, celery bitters, salt and pepper.
A sample of the Entrée Cocktails menu:
- The Southpoint Southside ($18) – Refreshing blend of Beefeater Gin, Martel VS Cognac, ginger and mint
- Briary Bellini ($19) – Dry Proscecco, Plymouth Sloe Gin, mixed berries and rose syrup
- Scottish Chestnut Treacle ($19) – Chivas Regal 12yr, Le Birlou apple and chestnut liqueur, apple juice and Whiskey barrel aged bitters
A sample of the Main Cocktails menu:
- Martini Molé ($17) – Altos Reposado Tequila, Tamborine Mountain Choc n’ Chilli Liqueur, Mozart Dry Chocolate Liqueur, fresh chilli
- Mid-West Old Fashioned ($19) – High West Rye Whiskey, Applejack Brandy, Apricot Brandy, Rhubarb & Angostura bitters
- The Shady Pines ($19) – Calvados, Sweet Vermouth, Dom Benedictine, Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters, Laphroaig Whiskey Spray
- Banana & Plum Compote ($18) – Jameson’s Irish Whiskey, Port, Tamborine Mountain Banana Liqueur and Plum bitters