Emirates have celebrated the start of the Commonwealth Games in style with the official opening of its new lounge at Glasgow Airport. It is the first international airline to open a dedicated lounge here, and marks the airline’s 10th year of service to the Scottish city. With the opening, Glasgow becomes the 36th lounge in Emirates’ network and its 14th lounge in Europe.
The design of the lounge reflects the aesthetic and contemporary style of Emirates Lounges at Dubai Airport’s Concourse A, and features the airline’s trademark fine beverages and gourmet food. The lounge provides passengers with extensive views of the airfield and is a short walk from Emirates’ boarding point at gate 30. The lounge’s facilities include formal and relaxed seating areas, a dining area, shower facilities and a business centre.
The lounge showcases premium Scottish products, which will significantly increase business for local suppliers, and employs 21 people on a full-time basis.
More about the Emirates Lounge – Glasgow
- The lounge can be accessed by Emirates First Class and Business Class passengers as well as Emirates Skywards Platinum and Gold members.
- Guests enjoy an extensive buffet of Scottish and international gourmet dishes, as well as a complimentary full-bar service.
- Other services include: a fully equipped business centre with Wi-Fi connection, TV and reading areas, shower facilities and a prayer room.
- The Emirates Lounge can seat 139 passengers in an area of 736 square metres with runway views.
- It is furnished with Italian marble floors, gold Rolex clocks, plush leather armchairs and mahogany furniture, in line with the worldwide Emirates quality standards.