India’s vast range of travel experiences was on show on Monday night with the Sydney edition of the Incredible India Roadshow. Travel professionals and media, including LATTE, gathered in at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to meet with more than 25 members of the Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO), led by Mr Girish Shankar, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. Both Mr Shankar and special guest, Mr Sunjay Sudhir, Consul General of India in Sydney spoke of the growing interest in the Tourist Visa on Arrival, enabled by the Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA), citing massive growth figures to 421.6 per cent in Australia and future plans to expand the programme’s eligible countries. Mr Madhu C Mathen, Manager of Air India, also discussed the growth of Air India’s network and fleet, including the recent delivery of its 19th Dreamliner. Following the press conference and roadshow events, guests were treated to a buffet feast showcasing dishes from across India, including tantalising desserts.
- Virtuoso APAC to recognise local travel advisors
- Revived: Dubai breathes new life into Palm Jebel Ali
- Lindblad returning as CEO of Lindblad Expeditions
- Signature Travel Network mulls future growth in Australia
- Testing is over: Virgin Galactic readies for commercial operations
- Mandarin Oriental eyes new markets for private homes
- Virtuoso reports soaring demand, and cost, of luxury travel
- Meet & Greet Italy to launch first Sicily rail tour
- Mexico’s AZULIK to operate new resort in AlUla
- Ponant’s 14th vessel will be a sailing ship, Gastinel confirms
Comments are closed.