One-Michelin-star restaurant SPOON by Alain Ducasse is partnering with Château Margaux to present an exclusive wine dinner on Thursday 4 June 2015. The eight-course dinner by SPOON Executive Chef Stephane Gortina will be paired with five vintages of Château Margaux, plus an aperitif of Champagne Gosset – Grande Reserve – NV, which will be served during the welcome reception at the SPOON Bar hosted by Thibault Pontallier, the son of Paul Pontallier, General Manager of Château Margaux.
Due to the exclusivity of Château Margaux and the limited availability of the showcased vintages, seats for this intimate wine dinner are limited, costing HK$2988 + 10 per cent service per person.
Thibault Pontalier of Château Margaux and SPOON Sommelier Mathieu Ginglardi will be showcasing the following vintages:
- Pavillon blanc du Château Margaux – 2010
- Pavillon rouge du Château Margaux – 2006
- Château Margaux – 2004
- Château Margaux – 1989
- Château Margaux – 1983
These exquisite wines will be paired with a contemporary French menu by SPOON Executive Chef Stéphane Gortina consisting of:
- Light farm hen consommé
- Steamed duck foie gras from ‘Les Landes’, cherry-almond
- Potato gnocchi, crayfish-black truffle
- Line-caught sea bass, girolle mushrooms
- Rack and filet of milk-fed lamb with spring garnish
- Seasonal matured cheese
- Lemon (sorbet)
- Chocolate from Alain Ducasse’s factory in Paris, crunchy praline
For the SPOON Château Margaux Wine Dinner Menu, please click here.