The InterContinental Hong Kong’s Executive Chef at 2-Michelin star Yan Toh Heen restaurant, Lau Yiu Fai, has created a gourmet interpretation of the staple food of half the world’s population, rice.
Inspired by the variety of textures, flavours and concentrations of rice, his international speciality rice degustation menu incorporates dishes with Vietnamese rice noodles, Australian white rice, Japanese Nanatsuboshi Rice Soup, Chinese Glutinous Rice Dumplings and Italian Risotto Dumplings:
- Crispy Prawn and Rice Noodle Salad with Mango Cream (China)
- Lobster and Asparagus in Supreme Konbu Nanatsuboshi Rice Soup (Japan)
- Steamed Garoupa Fillets and Couscous & Australian Rice Cabbage Roll served with Hairy Crab Roe (Australia)
- Wok-fried Wagyu Beef with Mandarin Zest & Crispy Glutinous Rice Dumpling (Thailand)
- Stewed Pork and Chinese Red Yeast Rice with Crispy Rice (China)
- Crispy Risotto Dumpling with Coconut Cream and Raisins (Italy)
Served with Genmaicha (green tea combined with roasted brown rice tea) (Japan)
The 6-course menu is HK$1,688 per person.
The Yan Toh Heen Sommelier propose a Rice Wine Pairing Selection (inclusive of 3 glasses) for an additional HK$500 per person that includes:
- Hokusetsu Honjozo Sake (Japan)
- Yue Shan Xian Diao Chen 25 years Hua Diao (China)
- Equator Soju (Korea)