Abercrombie & Kent has released its collection of 2016/17 polar expedition cruises. These journeys operate on the exclusively chartered Le Boréal and its brand-new sister ship Le Lyrial.
Le Boreal cruises to the Arctic on the newest expedition, ‘Iceland & Greenland: In the Wake of the Vikings’, which follows in the footsteps of those indomitable explorers.
The voyages also feature more themed departures, including a special Family New Year departure on Classic Antarctica and a Photography Expedition on Arctic Cruise Adventure: Norway, Greenland & Iceland.
Highlights of the ‘Iceland & Greenland: In the Wake of the Vikings’ tour include:
- Exclusive charter on board luxury, all balcony expedition ship Le Boréal
- A&K’s expert and experienced expedition team
- A visit to the remote and geologically rich islands of Heimaey & Surtsey in the Westman Islands archipelago
- A visit to the iceberg-laden Skkjuldungen Fjord in South-East Greenland
- Exploring the Prince Christian Sound and channel
- Visits to early Viking archaeological sites such as the ancient Norse village at Eystribyggð and Brattahlíð, the homestead of Erik the Red
- A visit to the remote Inuit Greenlandic villages such as Qaqortoq and Narsauq to learn of their traditional lifestyles
- A stop at the cosmopolitan city of Nuuk rich in history, culture and arts
- Chartered flight from Kangerlussuaq to Reyjkavi
Book by 31 October 2015 and save US$1500 per person on Category 1 – 3 cabins. Priced from US$10,495 (was US$11,995)
Other special offers include:
- Savings of up to US$3000 per couple on an Arctic cruise adventure when booked by 31 October 2015.
- Savings of up to US$6000 per couple on an Antarctic cruise adventure when booked by 31 March 2016.
Comments are closed.