On Friday 11 September, Alain Ducasse returned to his one-Michelin star SPOON restaurant at InterContinental Hong Kong for a Gala Dinner. InterContinental Hong Kong’s Managing Director Jean-Jacques Reibel and his wife Jitka hosted a table of VIP guests for the event, which showcased a 6-course menu by SPOON Executive Chef Stéphane Gortina.
The VIP guests hosted by Jean-Jacques Reibel included Alain & Sharon Li, Moses & Angela Tsang, Michel & Tamara Lamunière. Louis & Nancy Bowen, Vincent & Ines Piket, Barney Cheng, Jennifer Liu, and Richard Vuylsteke.
Invited guests and SPOON patrons chatted with world-famous chef Alain Ducasse during a pre-dinner Champagne Reception at the SPOON Bar.
The 6-course dinner showcased contemporary French cuisine inspired by Ducasse, using his refined culinary techniques and the freshest ingredients of the season.
- Chilled Courgette Velouté, fresh goat cheese
- Warm Young Rabbit and Duck Foie Gras Pie
- Cookpot of Spelt, seasonal vegetables, herb pesto
- Blue Lobster, girolle mushrooms, salicornia and lemon
- Wild Strawberries in warm jus, mascarpone sorbet
- Chocolate from Alain Ducasse’s Manufacture de chocolat in Paris, crunchy praline
Guests dining with Jean-Jacques Reibel and Alain Ducasse also enjoyed a special wine pairing by SPOON’s Chief Sommelier Mathieu Ginglardi that included:
- Champagne – Notes Blanches – Fleury
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape –Domaine de Marcoux 2013
- Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru – Les Caillerets – Marc Colin 2012
- Champagne – Petite Douceur Rosé – Gosset
On his Hong Kong visit, Alain Ducasse was joined by his Corporate Executive Chef Christian Julliard and Director of Wine Gerard Margeon.