Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts announces the second year of Taste of Waldorf Astoria, a global culinary program in partnership with the James Beard Foundation (JBF), the United States’ foremost culinary arts organization.
The program will see five hand-selected JBF Rising Star Semi-Finalist chefs searching for the next iconic dish in Waldorf Astoria destinations around the globe, including Amsterdam, New Orleans, Beijing, Jerusalem and Orlando.
Taste of Waldorf Astoria will host five chef experiences at the following properties:
The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel:
- 28 September – 1 October 2015
- Waldorf Astoria Master Chef: Mark A. Majorie, Jr., Chef de Cuisine at Fountain Lounge Restaurant
- JBF Rising Star Semi-Finalist Chef: Jeremy Wayne, Chef de Cuisine at La Folie (San Francisco, CA)
Waldorf Astoria Orlando:
- 1 – 4 November 2015
- Waldorf Astoria Chef: Bernard Fiemeyer, Executive Chef at Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- JBF Rising Star Semi-Finalist: Jamilka Borges, Chef de Cuisine at Bar Marco and Founder of Swing Truck (Pittsburgh, PA)
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam:
- 9 – 12 November 2015
- Waldorf Astoria Master Chef: Sidney Schutte, Executive Chef at Restaurant Librije’s Zusje Amsterdam (two Michelin Stars)
- JBF Rising Star Semi-Finalist Chef: Grae Nonas, Co-Executive Chef at Olamaie
Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem:
- 29 November – 3 December 2015
- Waldorf Astoria Master Chef: Itzik Mizrachi Barak, Executive Chef at King’s Court and Palace Restaurants
- JBF Rising Star Semi-Finalist Chef: Joseph “JJ” Johnson, Executive Chef at The Cecil and Minton’s (New York, NY)
Waldorf Astoria Beijing:
- 14 – 18 December 2015
- Waldorf Astoria Master Chef: Benoit Chargy, Executive Chef at Waldorf Astoria Beijing
- JBF Rising Star Semi-Finalist Chef: Erik Bruner-Yang of Toki Underground, Maketto and Honeycomb (Washington, D.C.)
The JBF chefs will visit their selected property for one week, spending time with the Waldorf Astoria Master Chef inside and outside the kitchen, visiting local markets and producers, restaurants or off-the-beaten-path locations for inspiration.
Each participating chef will prepare their recipes in New York on 24 February 2016 for a panel of culinary luminaries, who will ultimately decide the winning dish. The final Taste of Waldorf Astoria will be featured at each of the brand’s 25 hotels and resorts worldwide.
Each Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Resort now offers a curated three-course dinner for guests to enjoy their own Taste of Waldorf Astoria, served in a distinct location on property. Guests may book this experience now by visiting www.tasteofwaldorfastoria.com.
Track each chef’s on-property journey and dish creation by following @WaldorfAstoria on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #TasteofWaldorf.