APT shares its tips on creating Instagram-worthy posts no matter what part of the world you or your clients find yourself in.
1. Selfies with Mounties are the best: Canada is home to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, from majestic mountains to the crystal clear waters of its many lakes. A selfie shot with a local against one of the many stunning backdrops is the ultimate way to show off this destination. On an APT trip you can even meet a Mountie to learn about the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and capture the moment against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains.
2. Share an eyeful of the Eiffel: The Eiffel Tower in Paris is one of the most photographed icons of the world. No trip to the French capital is complete without a quick selfie stop at this magical monument. Many of APT’s French river cruises include a stop in Paris, where as well as visiting the Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe, you’ll also ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower to take in the sweeping views (and snap the odd selfie or two).
3. Take a regal portrait at a European castle: Make like a King or Queen for the day and procure yourself a portrait in front of one of these stunning historical homes. Travel on APT’s 15-day Magnificent Europe river cruise and you’ll have exclusive access to Namedy Castle. Situated in the German town of Andernach this 14-century residence is home to Princess Heide von Hohenzollern who will open the doors to her home just for you.
4. Smile and say ‘sunrise’ at Angkor Wat: One of the most important archaeological sites in South-East Asia, the World Heritage-listed Angkor Archaeological Park includes the remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century. APT treats guests to a champagne sunrise experience, whereby they get to toast this impressive temple in all its glory as darkness gives way to the light of day. Capturing yourself on camera at this special moment will ensure you have a memory to remember.
5. Pose at Picchu: Peru offers a host of travel highlights, from Lima to Lake Titicaca and Cusco the Sacred Valley. But the most sought-after selfie spot has to be at the World Heritage-listed site, Machu Picchu. This iconic Lost City of the Incas remained undiscovered until 1911 when American historian Hiram Bingham brought it to international attention. Visitors can choose to trek the Inca Trail or board PeruRail’s Vistadome train.
6. Capture yourself in the Kimberley: Filled with some of the most stunning natural vistas in the world, the Kimberley is widely regarded as Australia’s last true frontier. From its rugged coastline to the stunning waterfalls, gorges, aboriginal rock art, desert and national parks – you won’t be short of content to capture on film. Some of the most sought after selfie spots include taking a helicopter ride over Mitchell Falls, sunset at the Bungle Bungle Range, dining under the stars at an APT Wilderness Lodge, taking a jet boat ride through Horizontal Falls, the list just goes on and on….
7. Snap your sense of adventure on a small ship cruise: Set sail off the beaten track on a small ship coastal cruise with an expedition team, expert lecturers and a sense of adventure to far-flung and unusual destinations and you’ll experience some of the most remote and unusual selfie spots the world has to offer. From the snorkelling with the stingless jelly fish of the beautiful Kakaban Island of East Kalimantan; to learning about the local culture and customs of the people of Torajaland in Central Sulawesi, with their fascinating boat-shaped houses built facing north in honour of the deities and grave sites that house replicas of the ancestors, called Tau Taus.