Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain has announced the upcoming visit of internationally renowned champagne expert Edouard Duval to take place on 7 and 8 November 2015.
As the sixth generation from family-owned champagne house Duval-Leroy, Edouard has been involved in the wine business from an early age. Since its creation in 1859, Champagne Duval-Leroy has been located in the heart of La Cote des Blancs. Currently the house cultivates about 500 acres (200 hectares), much of which is devoted to production of high quality chardonnay grapes.
The company is one of the few remaining 100 percent family-owned champagne businesses and is ranked in the 15 top champagne houses in the world.
Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain has created a getaway weekend where champagne lovers will be spoiled. The weekend includes:
- A bottle of champagne in each guest’s suite or villa upon arrival.
- Guests will then be invited to attend a private champagne tasting conducted by Edouard himself who has selected some of the best cuvées of the renowned house.
- Edouard and Executive Chef Conny Andersson will take guests into a private dining room and introduce a six-course signature menu paired with the finest wines.
- Guests will sample three different varieties of caviar.
- A champagne brunch on Sunday 8 November, served at Farm2Fork restaurant.
- A 60-minute signature Holistic Spa Treatment at Six Senses Spa.
The exclusive weekend can be booked directly with the resort at the special rate of RMB 6,888, excluding 15 percent tax and service charge.