Due to popular demand, Abercrombie & Kent has announced a second departure of the Ancient Trade Routes of Central Asia Hosted Journey, departing in October 2016 with Natalia Odinochkina, the General Manager of A&K Russia as host.
The mountains and deserts of Central Asia are the backdrop for this adventure to the heart of the ancient Silk Road. This is one of the world’s most remote and untouched areas and during the Middle Ages was the epicentre of a powerful empire. On this journey clients will explore Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, two countries steeped in antiquity with a lasting legacy from the warriors and emperors who made their mark. They will visit some of the oldest cities in the world such as the legendary Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva.
- An intimate group size of no more than 24 guests
- One on one interaction with your host
- A glimpse into ancient civilisations of the Silk Road
- Dramatic landscapes of the vast Central Asian steppe
- Important architectural attractions
- Exotic markets, bazaars and caravanserais
- Cultural interaction, performances and handicraft demonstrations
Tour dates: 8 – 22 October 2016
Price: Twin share per person: $10,995/single supplement: $1995