Trails of Indochina is launching two unique back-to-back photography tours led by the renowned photographer, Tony Amos. The first is an 11-day Myanmar programme, incorporating the newly built Anawrahta vessel. Anawrahta is due to make her maiden voyage in weeks and is considered the finest vessel on the Ayeyarwady River.
Tony Amos is a professional photographer whose career spans 25 years and three continents, mastering an impressive range of subjects including portraiture, lifestyle and travel. He has worked for ‘Martha Stewart Living’, ‘US House & Garden’, ‘Gourmet Traveller’, ‘Travel & Leisure’, ‘Maison et Jardin’, various editions of ‘Vogue’, ‘Vogue Living’, ‘Belle’ and ‘Conde Nast Traveller UK’, among many others. Tony’s latest adventure is an online travel magazine that he is producing with his wife Lee Tulloch, named mrandmrsamos.com Tony recently travelled to Cambodia as a guest of Trails of Indochina; this opportunity lead to a decision to lead a dedicated Photography Tours to Myanmar and Cambodia.
On this trip, from 10 to 20 July 2016, Tony will set a few basic tasks and challenges for everybody, and will be working with each guest personally to get closer to making the kind of images they are trying to achieve. There will be group discussions and Tony will also be moving among the group giving one on one advice while on location and will be available to answer questions in meal times and during transit. These photography tours are suitable for photographers of all levels form amateurs to seasoned photographers.
- Photography tour escorted by acclaimed Australian photographer Tony Amos
- 2 nights’ accommodation at The Strand, Yangon – Superior Suite includes daily breakfast
- 8 days/7 nights’ luxurious Ayeyarwady River cruise on board Anawrahta – Deluxe Cabin
- 1 night’s accommodation at Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort, Bagan – Deluxe Classic Room includes daily breakfast
- Breakfast daily at hotels
- All meals and included shore excursions while on board Anawrahta
- All private transfers, transportation, entrance fees and touring in Yangon and Bagan with local English-speaking guide
- Domestic airfare from Bagan – Yangon
- Sightseeing includes a Shwedagon Temple and historic city walk in Yangon; temples, local artisans and monks morning alms in Bagan
- Cold towels and water on sightseeing days, welcome pack on first day
- Small group tour of 12 people
- This tour is valid for sale until 31 May 2016
US$7329 per person single share. Twin share price available upon request. Land cost only, price is for tour only – International flights are additional.
The Myanmar Photography Tour can be booked on its own or combined with the Cambodia photography tour 20-28 July 2016.