Escorted by Abercrombie & Kent’s leading Africa expert this journey reveals a mysterious and diverse country rich in history, culture and landscape. Highlights include the source of the Blue Nile, the 3.2 million year old skeleton of ‘Lucy’, the Simien Mountains, rock hewn churches and remote tribal villages in the Omo Valley.
An incredibly diverse country, Ethiopia is mysterious and full of adventure. Led by A&K’s resident Africa expert, Patrick Clementson, this exclusive journey combines the rich history, culture and landscapes of the north with the tribal heritage in the south. You’ll visit the source of the Blue Nile, see the skeleton of ‘Lucy’ and spend a night in the Simien Mountains. There is rare wildlife amidst high peaks, extraordinary rock-hewn churches and an incredible number of different ethnic groups in and around the Omo Valley. You’ll explore their villages, learn about local customs and wander through bustling markets.
While there is so much to see and experience right around the country, the accommodation and food is basic so be sure to pack a sense of adventure.
- An intimate group size of no more than 24 guests
- One-on-one interaction with your host and A&K guides
- Addis Ababa and its important museums
- The source of the Blue Nile
- Incredible scenery and friendly locals
- Medieval rock-hewn churches and frescoes of Lalibela
- Rugged Simien Mountains
- Tribal villages and markets of the Omo Valley