Princess Cruises has unveiled the design and key features of Majestic Princess, the newest and most luxurious ship in its global fleet.
Majestic Princess will offer its guests a variety of enticing features and experiences, including two new specialty restaurants:
- Harmony, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen formerly of Wynn Las Vegas “Wing Lei” (the first Chinese restaurant in North America awarded a Michelin star) this restaurant will feature haute Chinese cuisine, serving Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes.
- Le Bistrot, located in the lively atrium, will offer casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. Reminiscent of a Parisian bistro, guests will enjoy traditional escargot casseroles, braised ox tongue and mushroom ragout, along with baguettes, tarts and pastries.
Popular culinary offerings from sister ships Royal Princess and Regal Princess will also be aboard Majestic Princess including:
- The exclusive Chef’s Table Lumiere, a unique and engaging dining experience personally hosted by Princess’ Executive Chef which includes a private galley tour and a multi-course dinner served at a grand custom-designed table where guests are surrounded by a glimmering curtain of light.
- The award-winning Crown Grill & Bar, an American steakhouse preparing top quality cuts of beef, chops and seafood in an open kitchen served in a classically elegant restaurant setting.
- Alfredo’s, named after Princess Cruises’ award-winning Master Chef Alfredo Marzi, offering a selection of classic Italian and signature Neapolitan-style pizzas (voted “Best Pizza at Sea”), along with baked pasta dishes and specialty appetisers and desserts.
To top it off, there will also be a wide selection of all-day gastronomy in the World Fresh Marketplace, where guests can taste flavours from diverse food stations around the world ranging from Mediterranean dishes to colourful farmer’s market salads and a new “East Meets West” street food specialty counter.
Modern and stylish cruise ship design
Influenced by fashion, art and history, the interior designs of Majestic Princess present a sophisticated and stylish visual experience, representative of travelling the world. Exquisite designs use metal, glass and inlaid wood throughout to welcome guests. European marble, mosaic tile floors, polished woods and sumptuous fabrics are featured onboard the ship alongside plush custom-designed carpets and hand tufted rugs Modern and Stylish Stateroom Design
More than 80 per cent of Majestic Princess staterooms include a private balcony. All staterooms feature the new Princess Luxury bed, featuring a custom-made mattress developed by Dr Michael Breus, the US sleep expert known as “The Sleep Doctor” and luxury linens designed by Canadian design star Candice Olson. The superb bedding system is exclusively designed for the Princess SLEEP programme.
World class entertainment
The first two shows to be seen on Majestic Princess will be “Fiera” and “Fantastic Journey” which have both been met with enthusiastic acclaim by international audiences across the Princess fleet. These musical shows feature a world class cast of singers and dancers along with some of the most elaborate production numbers, costumes and advanced multimedia stage technology ever produced at sea. The ship also features Movies Under the Stars on the largest outdoor screen at sea, as well as Water Colour Fantasy, a cruise industry first presenting a dazzling water and light show at sea.
Majestic Princess’ guests will also experience the signature SeaWalk, the industry’s first glass floor walkway at sea, and SeaView Bar featuring “flair” bartending with spectacular ocean views. The Piazza Atrium, the central focal point of the ship features live entertainment throughout the day and evening. The atrium is surrounded by The Shops of Princess, nearly 1100 square metres of luxury boutiques which include designer shops from Cartier, Bulgari and Chopard, leather goods from Burberry and Gucci, along with watches by these luxury brands as well as Montblanc, Longines, Rado and Tissot.
Majestic Princess will sail on her inaugural voyage on 4 April next year, a five-day Adriatic Sea cruise roundtrip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu. Following her maiden cruise, Majestic Princess will tour Europe on 7-, 14-, 21- and 28-day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona or Athens.
A repositioning voyage will depart Barcelona on 14 May 2017, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in Shanghai, the ship’s new home. Majestic Princess will begin its first cruise from its homeport in Shanghai on 11 July 2017 carrying 3560 guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
“With the debut of Majestic Princess, first in Europe and then in China, we invite guests to indulge in a world class experience that allows them to completely relax, unwind and ultimately ‘come back new’,” Princess Cruises Vice President Australia & New Zealand Stuart Allison said.
Fares for a Majestic Princess 14-night European cruise start from $3459 per person twin share for a voyage from Barcelona to Athens, departing 16 April 2017 and visiting 13 ports including a host of destinations in Spain, France, Greece and Malta.