Heading into spring, it just may be time to embrace the ‘COMO Shambhala’ healthy living philosophy that takes its inspiration from mythological roots: in ancient Buddhist texts, ‘Shambhala’ refers to a sacred place of bliss.
Based at its wellness flagship COMO Shambhala Estate in Bali, David has been formally trained in the martial arts and qigong for over 15 years and has also spent time at the Pullahari monastery in Nepal learning Buddhist meditation practices.
From 7 – 10 October the three-night retreat will combine qigong, meditation, and sound healing within the luxury surrounds of COMO The Treasury. There will also be an opportunity for one-on-one sessions with David, COMO Shambhala Urban Escape therapies and yoga sessions.
Developed in China thousands of years ago, qigong literally translates as energy (qi) work (gong). Combining the breath with tai chi-like movements, qigong promotes circulation, mental focus, relaxation, and general well-being.
In the evenings, guests will experience culinary delights at Post, Wildflower, and Long Chim. Guests will also experience our unique COMO Shambhala Cuisine, a menu based on a perfectly calibrated mix of raw and cooked ingredients, with very specific nutritional purposes. From 10 – 11 October, COMO The Treasury is offering private treatments and classes with David, available to all. These are designed to balance the meridian system of the body, and treat the body and mind holistically through oriental techniques.
Oriental Wellness Retreat with David Melladew
7 – 10 October
· Three nights in a Heritage Room
· Breakfast at Post each day
· Dinners at Long Chim, Post and Wildflower
· ‘Eight Branches of Taoist Practice’ talk by David Melladew
· Two qigong group classes
· Four ‘qigong with meditation’ group classes
· One group sound healing session
From AUD $2215
One-on-one Consultations with David Melladew
10 – 11 October
· Private Meridian Therapy Treatment: AUD $150 (60 minutes)
· Private Traditional Oriental Wellness Consultation: AUD $150 (60 minutes)
· Private Qigong Class: AUD $120 (60 minutes)