andBeyond has created a modern safari fit for a queen, combining Kenya’s most regal landscapes with the most noble choice of accommodation, all inspired by the grace of a bygone era. This grand itinerary visits places made famous by explorers and royals of old, including special touches like vintage vehicles, which will take the intrepid traveller on a journey far back in time.
Kenya and the Crown includes 10 days and nine nights of classic safari with a luxurious feel.
Highlight of the itinerary:
- Stay in the famous Norfolk Hotel in Nairobi, host to characters such as Theodore Roosevelt on his epic 1909 safari
- Walk in the footsteps of legends on an historical tour of Nairobi, visiting sites such as the Railway Museum and Karen Blixen’s home
- Experience the wilderness of Tsavo from the luxury private camp inspired by none other than The Hon. Denys Finch Hatton of Out of Africa fame
- Feel the thrill of walking where the Tsavo man-eating lions once roamed
- Ride in a vintage 1928 International SS motor truck as driven by Robert Redford in the film Out of Africa
- Explore the renowned Masai Mara, celebrating the era of classic luxury at Cottar’s 1920s Camp, reminiscent of a bygone era
- Enjoy a helicopter trip to Lake Rutundu for a champagne breakfast at the spot where Prince William proposed to Kate Middleton
For travel between 11 January 2017 and 15 December 2017.