There is just 12 months to go until Azamara Club Cruises’ 102-day World Journey departs, sailing from Sydney Harbour Bridge to London Tower Bridge.
The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity onboard the 890-guest Azamara Journey begins on 7 March 2018 with a late night departure from Sydney’s famous harbour, and concludes in London on 17 June 2018.
The voyage will call in 29 countries along the way, such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France, Spain, The Netherlands and more.
“102 days, 60 ports, 29 countries, 18 late nights, 14 overnights and eight AzAmazing Evenings – all without repeating a port. The Azamara Wold Journey truly is a trip of a lifetime, filled with limitless authentic cultural opportunities from one side of the world to the other. And we couldn’t be more thrilled it’s kicking off right here in Australia,” said Adam Armstrong, managing director, Azamara Club Cruises Australia and New Zealand.
With smaller ships that are able to go to places other cruise ships can’t, Azamara differentiates itself – and gains loyal fans – by making destinations the star of the show. Its signature programmes encourage guests to take in the sights, sounds and flavours of local cultures in every port.
Wherever adventure presents itself, Azamara’s unique Land Discoveries programmes – including Insider Access, Nights and Cool Places and Cruise Global Eat Local – set the brand apart by inspiring guests to think outside the ship by offering special access to museums, iconic and exclusive attractions, hidden gems, tours, intimate meals and more. Azamara’s signature AzAmazing Evening events bring guests a unique cultural experience complimentary on all voyages seven nights or longer.
The remarkable cruise lets travellers explore half the world from the comfort of a newly revitalised cruise ship, following a multi-million dollar revitalisation earlier this year that left no public space untouched, and all staterooms completely re-worked with a fresh and modern colour palette and brand new furnishings.
Azamara’s World Journey will let travellers discover some of the most intriguing and spectacular destinations, including:
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Guests will have two full days and an overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Yangon, Myanmar: With three days docked in Yangon, guests will have ample time to see many of the wonders this mystical city has to offer.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Travellers will have two days and an overnight docked in the city of gold.
- Barcelona, Spain: It’s all about the architecture, art and food.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Portugal’s hilly capital is a coastal city known for its cafe culture and soulful Fado music.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: With canal lined streets considered more beautiful than Venice, Amsterdam is awash with gorgeous things to see and do.
It wouldn’t be a world journey without making a couple of high-profile appearances. This voyage includes the opportunity to attend both the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix:
- Cannes Film Festival: After taking in the sites of Rome and Florence, guests will head to Cannes. Film enthusiasts will be able to stroll along Le Promenade de la Croisette (the place to see and be seen in Cannes) or choose to sit back and people watch with a glass of rosé at a chic waterfront café.
- Monaco Grand Prix: Speed seekers will enjoy thrills at every turn while in the famous Monte Carlo for the Grand Prix.