Sydney media were invited to discover what’s new in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with a lunch at Quay Restaurant on Tuesday 23 May. The mountain resort celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2016, and is already embarking on its second half-century with its signature Wild West spirit. Jackson Hole partnered with members of the local community – including Jackson Hole Resort Lodging (JHRL), Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, Scenic Safaris, Springhill Suites by Marriott, and Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa – to share the highlights of the coming year.
The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce represents the hotels, attractions, and restaurants in Teton County, Wyoming and beyond. Teton County, WY is home to Grand Teton National Park and most of Yellowstone National Park. Jackson Hole is a year-around playground with every type of outdoor activity imaginable, including hiking, biking, whitewater and scenic rafting, golf, fly fishing, horseback riding, wildlife safari tours, skiing, snowmobiling, National Elk Refuge sleigh rides, snow shoeing, sled dog tours, shopping and much more. The Arts and Dining opportunities in the area are vibrant as well. Jackson Hole has a rich history and with abundant wildlife allows for specialised educational opportunities along with soft adventure and customised tours for a wide variety of ages and ability levels. This winter will feature non-stop flights from 12 major US cities, bolstering Jackson Hole’s position as the most accessible destination resort in the Rocky Mountains.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR), located in Teton Village, WY, is the home of the Aerial Tram, the longest continuous lift in North America that takes you to the top of the Tetons. With the 2016/17 ski season being the snowiest winter on record, JHMR is now looking to the green season. A year-round adventure outpost with an amazing array of summer activities, JHMR has adventures for all interests: downhill mountain biking, hiking trails, the new Via Ferrata, tandem paragliding, horseback riding, guided rock climbing, kids’ programmes, The Grand Adventure Park and free outdoor concerts.
Summer 2017 at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort:
- The Aerial Tram opened for the summer season earlier than ever before on Saturday 20 May
- Dining with a view at Rendezvous Lodge, atop the Bridger Gondola
- The Grand Adventure Pass is offering unlimited access to summer activities (including the Aerial Tram, ropes course, bike park, bungee, climbing wall and the Drop Tower) for US$79
- New ‘Via Ferrata’ assisted rock climbing facility
- The annual Rendezvous Hill Climb running race on Saturday 5 August
- Free Concert on the Commons music series in Teton Village every Sunday afternoon
- Great American Eclipse, a total solar eclipse that will traverse continental USA on 21 August