Cruiseco is offering guests the opportunity to join a new musical experience ‘Back to the 80s Cruise 2018’. Guests will depart from Southampton, UK on 6 May 2018, for a seven-night round trip voyage aboard Navigator of the Seas, enjoying extraordinary musical performances.
Laura Clarke, manager special projects and group sales, Cruiseco said, “Our ‘Back to the 80s Cruise 2018′ itinerary provides guests with an unforgettable musical holiday, and a step back in time. Featuring performances and shows from some of the biggest names in music, the songs that will be performed aboard really did became the soundtrack to a generation during this amazing decade. We encourage guests who would like to sail to book their spot now, as this is sure to sell very quickly.”
Guests will enjoy performances from artists including:
- Tony Hadley, who first rose to fame as the lead singer of Spandau Ballet, a successful band in the Romantic Movement with international hits including ‘Through the Barricades’ and ‘Gold’. Hadley is considered one of pop music’s greatest vocalists.
- ABC, a pop band in the 1980s whose debut album The Lexicon of Love was a UK #1 and featured hit single ‘The Look of Love’
- Kim Wilde had her first worldwide hit with ‘Kids In America’ in 1981, since then her musical career includes 30 million record sales and a hit single with ‘You Keep Me Hangin’ On’ reaching #1 in the US
- Belinda Carlisle began her successful career as lead vocalist for The Go-Go’s before embarking on a solo career with international hits such as ‘Heaven Is a Place on Earth’, ‘I Get Weak’ and ‘Circle in the Sand’
- Go West is an English pop duo lead by vocalist Peter Cox and rhythm guitarist and back-up vocalist Richard Drummie, who are known for their number one hits including ‘King Of Wishful Thinking’, ‘Call Me’ and ‘We Close Our Eyes’
- Paul Young is a 1980s teen idol, with multiple successful albums and his biggest worldwide hit ‘Every Time You Go Away’ reaching number one in the US
- The BABYS are a British rock band who have reformed, featuring original members Tony Brock and Wally Stoker. The band are known for their hits including ‘Every Time I Think of You’, ‘Midnight Rendezvous’ and ‘Isn’t It Time’
- Cutting Crew had a multi-million selling debut album Broadcast and hit single ‘(I Just) Died in Your Arms’ which earned many prestigious awards
- T’Pau led by Carol Decker is a British pop group with a string of hit singles in the UK including ‘Heart and Soul’.
Sailing for seven days aboard Navigator of the Seas, guests will stop in ports Bilbao, Vigo and Lisbon. The ship can accommodate 3990 guests and features a three-storey dining room, a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink and mini-golf course for travellers to enjoy.
Prices start from AU$2875 per person based on twin share for an Interior Stateroom.