EROSANTORINI, a new exclusive-use year-round estate on the island of Santorini, promises total privacy, natural beauty and customised hospitality.
EROSANTORINI’s vision is built around four pillars: unrivalled luxury, pure privacy, unbridled nature, and philotimo, a word that defies translation, as it embodies a quintessentially Greek philosophy of boundless hospitality and rapture for living.
Resort founder Pavlos Kontomichalos, CEO of Hellas Group, explains this concept:
“We truly believe in philotimo — a word that embraces the finest elements of Greek culture, generosity, and passion for life. Every guest’s stay will be unique, curated around their specific needs and desires. We want to help them experience the absolute best of Greece all in one setting. Our ultimate desire is for this profound experience to remain in our guests’ hearts forever.”
Tucked away on a cliff 300 metres above the Aegean, the resort overlooks Santorini’s whitewashed villages.The grounds are designed to host up to 10 adult guests and 4 children, in 4 independent suites. Each suite features its own private space for outdoor living, with floating fireplaces, heated plunge pools, outdoor Jacuzzis and heated floors.
Architect Paola Navone brought her Aegean aesthetic to the design of the property, using a colour palette that reflects the sea and landscape, inviting the outdoors into each room.
Guests come together in communal spaces including an infinity pool—the largest at 35 metres—that cascades over three levels and features an underwater music system. Guests can dine en famille for every meal and enjoy local cuisine, crafted by executive chef Dimitris Panagiotopoulos, who brings more than 20 years’ experience at top restaurants in Greece and Italy.
Menus are customised each day and showcase the finest ingredients the island and the country have to offer: fish caught fresh, delicacies from the markets, and organic produce from the estate’s own kitchen garden and groves. An in-house sommelier is on hand to help select the perfect wine for every meal, while a bartender prepares cocktails.
Guests also have the option of a romantic candlelit dinner atop the cliff as the sun goes down. For more casual al fresco dining, an outdoor patio features a traditional Greek outdoor oven, a barbecue and fire pit. A poolside cave offers another option for anything from a quiet morning coffee to cocktail hour.
EROSANTORINI’s on-property host will—along with a trained team of professionals—anticipate and grant guests’ every wish, while remaining virtually invisible.
Among the on-property amenities and facilities, guests will find:
- Spa offering private massage treatments, featuring a hammam and customisable ’emotional’ shower
- Yoga and Pilates with private instructors as well as aqua gym and workout trainers at the pool
- Jogging and walking track
- Extensive wine cellar with private tastings and cooking classes
- “Cinema under the stars” featuring Greek delicacies
- In-room Smeg refrigerators stocked with gourmet Greek delicacies
- Largest infinity pool on the island, heated Jacuzzis at each suite, and a second full-size heated pool
- Kitchen garden supplying seasonal produce
- Outdoor dining throughout the estate, including romantic candlelit dinners atop the cliff
- Onsite picturesque white chapel with unsurpassed views ideal for a destination wedding as well as ability to cater weddings for up to 450 seated guests and 800 for cocktail receptions
- Onsite catering for milestone celebrations, special occasions and corporate retreats
A range of curated off-site experiences to be arranged in every detail includes:
- Visit to Akrotiri archaeological site with private professional guide, visit to museum of prehistoric Thira in Fira, as well as Ancient Thira
- Visit to famous Santorini wineries for a wine tasting experience with food pairing
- Dining at the island’s most awarded restaurant to experience modern Greek cuisine
- Yacht cruises and private sailing excursion with dining on-board
- Private excursions for fishing, kayaking and swimming by the volcano
- Sightseeing via helicopter, on foot or by private car
- Excursions to archaeological sites and medieval villages on foot or via donkey treks
- Private plane rentals