Quark Expeditions’s Cool Summer Sale offers travellers savings of up to 40% on six spectacular Antarctica itineraries. Offers are available until 31 August 2017.
The beginning of the Antarctic summer is a great time to experience the reawakening of Antarctica after its winter season, when the landscape is pristine, the icebergs are spectacular, and the wildlife is especially active.
Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent (10-11 days)
- Antarctica has been inspiring explorers for centuries and this expedition offers guests the chance to discover why with an unforgettable journey through the spectacular wilderness of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. Imagine cruising in a Zodiac through crackling sea ice like shattered glass, witnessing penguins building their nests, or navigating through a maze of icebergs
- Up to 40% off and additional perks, or a single supplement waived for select departures
- Departure dates on offer: 5 Nov, 14 Nov, 4 Dec, 11 Dec, 19 Dec, 28 Dec 2017 / 28 Feb 2018
Antarctic Express: Crossing the Circle (11 days)
- A short, comfortable flight from Punta Arenas, Chile, to King George Island in Antarctica has guests with boots on the ground in no time. Guests may go in search of whales and find yourself bearing witness to a glacier calving. Or they may plan to climb one more peak for a better vantage point and find themselves in a rookery of curious penguins. Antarctica will leave travellers in awe, but it won’t leave them unchanged.
- Up to 25% off or receive 50% off single supplement
- Departure dates on offer: 20 Dec 2017 / 12 Feb 2018
Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica: Explorers and Kings (20 days)
- This is a truly epic adventure through the remote Falkland Islands, the wildlife paradise of South Georgia and the extraordinary landscape of the Antarctic Peninsula. Guests will enjoy unforgettable encounters with untamed wildlife in a vast, dramatic and spectacular setting; they’ll take a step back in time at historically significant sites; and be mesmerised by the rich diversity and contrasts that make these regions so captivating and unique. See scores of penguins dive for food, herds of elephant seals bathe in the sun, and pods of orcas pass by.
- Up to 40% off or single supplement waived for select departures
- Departure dates on offer: 8 Nov, 23 Nov 2017 / 25 Jan, 14 Nov 2018
Antarctica East and West: Peninsula in Depth (20 days)
- This epic expedition brings adventurers to a side of the Antarctic Peninsula even the luckiest of travellers don’t often see. They’ll experience the best of polar travel, including abundant wildlife, important historical sites, and ice. Embarking from Ushuaia, Argentina, guests will traverse the legendary Drake Passage to arrive at Elephant Island. From this significant start they’ll move on to see enormous penguin colonies up close; zodiac cruise among icebergs that look like art; walk around and explore historic and operating scientific bases; sail across the imaginary but important line of the Antarctic Circle; and take a zodiac ride to see humpback and killer whales—all the while surrounded by the spectacular scenery of Antarctica.
- Up to 25% off and additional perks or single supplement waived for select departures
- Departure dates on offer: 24 Jan 2018
Crossing the Circle: Southern Expedition (14 days)
- This expedition includes the most in-depth exploration of the Antarctic Peninsula. Sail alongside dramatic ice formations and humpback whales, meet leopard seals diving beneath the Zodiac, watch penguins sliding off icebergs into crystal waters, and see the giant petrels soaring above cracking sea ice. Cap off your journey by visiting historic research stations and crossing the Antarctic Circle.
- Visitors will be among the few travellers to venture to 66°33′ S
- Visit historic research stations in Marguerite Bay
- Witness abundant Antarctic wildlife, including penguins, seals, whales and more
- Experience western Peninsula highlights and visit iconic landing sites
- Learn about Antarctica’s geology and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists
- Up to 35% off select voyages
- Departure dates on offer: 15 Feb, 27 Feb, 2 Mar 2018
Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake (7 or 8 days)
- You’re ready to explore King George Island and the Antarctic Peninsula—and no Drake Passage crossings are required! With a spectacular aerial view, included charter flights between Punta Arenas and Antarctica have guests experiencing the majesty of the 7th continent before transferring them to your ship in no time.
- Cameras at the ready as guests cruise in a Zodiac in search of whales, seabirds and astounding icebergs. Beaches dotted with leopard seals and penguins give way to icy plateaus, with snow-capped mountain peaks looming behind. Travellers will find themselves thankful for the near-constant sunlight by which they can continue to take it all in.
- Up to 20% off select voyages
- Departure dates on offer: 15 Dec 2017