Preferred Hotels & Resorts welcomed 23 new member hotels across 13 countries to its brand portfolio from May to July 2017. Travellers to the Asia Pacific now have even more options to experience #ThePreferredLife with nine new hotel members across the region.
Highlights of the newest hospitality experiences within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific portfolio include:
In Tokyo, Japan
- Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel – Featuring 40 stories of sophisticated guest rooms, renowned restaurants, and an abundance of amenities, the Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel is a chic, luxury property just steps away from the bustling Shibuya Station and iconic attractions such as the Hachiko and Shibuya Crossing, the world’s busiest pedestrian intersection. Guests who want to stay close to “home” can enjoy traditional French Provencal cuisine overlooking the Tokyo skyline at the hotel’s restaurant Coucagno, or pay a visit to the on-site Noh Theater where traditional Japanese performing arts are regularly scheduled.
- Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo – This contemporary luxury hotel is nestled within a picturesque five-hectare Japanese garden located in the heart of Tokyo. The award-winning property features 267 elegant guest rooms, most with astounding views of the surrounding garden that houses historical artifacts, and a majestic three-storey pagoda dating back to the 14th century. Hotel guests can partake in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at the on-site 100-year-old tea house, or indulge in culinary creations at one of the hotel’s nine restaurants.
In Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Windsor Plaza Hotel – Offering 376 rooms replete with Medea furnishings and modern amenities, this city oasis is located in the historical District 5, otherwise known as Cholon, Vietnam’s largest Chinatown. This locale is teeming with bustling markets, ancient pagodas, and nearby iconic landmarks such as the Bến Thành markets and Reunification Palace, all easily accessible via the hotel’s hourly shuttle bus. Guests who wish to get a panoramic bird’s eye view of the Ho Chi Minh cityscape need only head up to the rooftop where the award-winning open-air Top of The Town Bar & Restaurant offers an extensive international wine list and delectable Vietnamese dishes to enjoy.
- Sherwood Suites – Strategically located in the heart of the city, the soon-to-be opened Sherwood Suites offers 157 well-appointed studios, one- and two-bedroom apartments and penthouses that boast stylish Italian furnishings and fully-equipped kitchens – perfect for both business guests and leisure travellers alike. Amenities include a temperature-controlled swimming pool, a restaurant serving Asian and Mediterranean cuisines, a children’s playroom, and a private cinema. Guests can hop on the hotel’s hourly shuttle bus to explore nearby attractions such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, the War Remnants Museum and The Saigon Opera House.
In Chengdu, China
- Minyoun Chengdu Dongda Hotel – This stunning 333-room hotel is located high above Chengdu’s central business district between the 33rd and 48th floors of Minyoun Financial Plaza Mansion, offering all guests unparalleled views of the city and the Jinjiang River nearby. Lan Kwai Fong Chengdu, the flagship project in the Chinese Mainland by Hong Kong’s Lan Kwai Fong Group – a veritable showcase of the latest fashion trends, international cuisine and exciting entertainment options – is a short walk away. Guests who wish to sample authentic Sichuan and Cantonese dishes without leaving the confines of their home base will enjoy the hotel’s YiPalace, one of Chengdu’s top destinations for traditional Chinese cuisine.
Additional properties that joined Preferred Hotels & Resorts between May and July 2017 include:
From Asia Pacific
- Biyadhoo Island Resort (South Male Atoll, Maldives)
- Minyoun Chengdu Kehua Hotel (Chengdu, China)
- WelcomHotel Coimbatore (Coimbatore, India)
- The Chedi (Mumbai, India)
From the Americas & the Caribbean
- IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraiso (Playa Del Carmen, Mexico)
- IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic)
- Grand Polanco Residencial (Mexico City, Mexico)
- The Guest House of Graceland (Memphis, Tennessee, United States)
- Naples Bay Resort (Naples, Florida, United States)
- Bear Mountain Inn (Bear Mountain, New York, United States)
- Water’s Edge Resort & Spa (Westbrook, Connecticut, United States)
- Ambassador Chicago (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
- IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Rose Hall (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
- Merchants Manor Hotel & Spa (Falmouth, United Kingdom)
- Pestana Vintage Porto Hotel (Porto, Portugal)
- Hotel Bristol Palace (Genova, Italy)
- Allium Villas Resort (Bodrum, Turkey)
- Hotel MiM Sitges (Sitges, Spain)
Travellers can book a stay at any of these hotels online or via their mobile device through the new iPrefer mobile app, available to members of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts iPrefer hotel rewards programme, which extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures, elite status, and other complimentary benefits to guests. Free to join, the iPrefer hotel rewards program currently has 1.8 million members.