Soneva will host a one-off luxury culinary experience this October, in partnership with Dutch chef Henk Savelberg, in which six Michelin-starred chefs will descend on its exclusive properties in the Maldives, Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani.
The six chefs, all hailing from the Netherlands, have worked in prestigious establishments around the world, from trailblazing restaurants all the way to the White House. All are members of Rotterdam-based veteran culinary association Les Patrons Cuisiniers, of which Savelberg is a founder. As part of the extravaganza, the six chefs, who have earned a combined eight Michelin stars between them, will conduct three events at Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani between 21 and 25 October 2017.
Highlights of this three-night, star-studded line-up of events include a one-night-only Michelin takeover of every Soneva restaurant in the Maldives, which will take place on 21 October. On 24 October, guests will be able to sample unforgettable flavours from across the globe at one of Soneva’s food journeys, with Michelin-starred stalls running the length of Soneva Fushi. Finally, on 25 October, the Soneva Fushi Chef Battle will see teams of three Michelin-starred chefs going head to head in a captivating fight-for-survival cooking contest.
On 21 October, the resorts’ restaurants will operate as per guests’ meal plans and usual à la carte menu prices. The exclusive food journey is priced at US$450+ per person, while the exciting chef battle costs US$350+ per person.
The Michelin-starred chefs participating in this one-off event are:
- André van Alten (one Michelin star) – Restaurant La Provence, Driebergen-Rijsenburg
- Edwin Vinke (two Michelin stars) – Restaurant de Kromme Watergang, Hoofdplaat
- Jos Grootscholten (one Michelin star) – Old Town Hall, Capelle aan den Ijssel
- André van Doorn (one Michelin star) – Restaurant Kasteel Heemstede, Houten
- John Alexander Jarno Eggen (two Michelin stars) – De Groene Lantaarn, Zuidwolde
- Wilco Berends (one Michelin star) – De Nederlanden, Vreeland