For the first time ever, Huka Lodge has created a new Snow Time Package which takes guests directly to the nearby ski-fields of Turoa and Whakapapa on the slopes of Mt Ruapehu, located in New Zealand’s UNESCO world heritage Tongariro National Park.
As the country’s two largest and highest ski areas with over 65 ski trails across 1,050 hectares alone at Whakapapa, all levels of skiers and snowboarders can enjoy world-class amenities and stunning panoramas of volcanic terrain – whether advanced, intermediate or even those just wanting some fun on the slopes. For the truly adventurous, there are over 24 black and double-black diamond runs to ski.
With an extended ski season from 2 June to 22 October 2018, the Snow Time Package takes guests straight to the slopes for a day of fun and action before they return to Huka Lodge to luxuriate in its legendary service and some après-ski pampering.
The package includes:
- Accommodation for two nights, for two guests, full country breakfasts, picnic hamper for on the slopes, pre-dinner drinks with canapés and five-course dinners during your stay.
- After an early breakfast, pick up your picnic hamper and transfer by private vehicle to Tongariro National Park to ski area of your choice.
- Kit out in your hired jackets, pants, helmet, goggles and gloves and select your ski boots, two poles, skis or snowboard, and pick up a one-day lift pass.
- Take a private lesson with an experienced instructor (for three hours) or simply head to the slopes.
- At the end of the day, relax and rest during your return journey, by private vehicle, to Huka Lodge.
- Gifts of two woollen beanie hats and matching scarves to keep you warm on-piste.
Huka Lodge, New Zealand and sister properties Dolphin Island, Fiji and Grande Provence Estate, South Africa comprise The Huka Retreats, all sharing a passionate commitment to providing extraordinary hospitality experiences for their guests.