The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has announced itineraries and shore excursion categories for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
Whether visiting a celebrated destination or one that is off the beaten path, guests will benefit from a dedicated Concierge Ashore in addition to five distinct categories of shore excursions, including Iconic Sights; Stirring the Senses; Cultural Connections; Active Explorations; and Epicurean Experiences.
Designed to combine the lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton’s luxury resorts and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, no two itinerary routes are alike. Stopping at both intimate and signature destinations, voyages will range from seven to 10 days. The first ship will cruise a wide variety of destinations depending on the season, including the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Caribbean, Latin America, Canada and Northeastern United States. Ports along the way range from Barbados, Cartagena, Bordeaux and Copenhagen, as well as ports that deliver a yacht-style sailing experience including Carriacou, Falmouth Harbour, Gustavia, the Balearic Islands, Mykonos, Portofino and more. Guests will have the opportunity to combine back-to-back voyages without repeating ports, allowing them to enjoy true exploration across a broad range of destinations.
“The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection itineraries and programs on land were created with the yachting lifestyle in mind and will offer a relaxed pace and intimate, highly personalised experiences on shore,” said Douglas Prothero, managing director, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
As a complement to these unique itineraries, shore excursion tracks have been thematically crafted so guests can easily pick a category that fits their interests and activity levels. All shore excursions take advantage of local guides who have been handpicked for their insider knowledge, ensuring a highly personalised, relevant experience while exploring a destination. With a relaxed pace that includes both overnight and daytime ports of call and an intimate ship size that allows the yachts to sail right into city harbours while others must anchor offshore, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection gives guests more flexibility and options when it comes to their time on land.
- The Shore Collection excursion categories include Iconic Sights, which will offer guests the opportunity to discover the cultural, historical, and architectural marvels of a destination, perhaps by browsing a museum in Montenegro on an exclusive tour with its curator.
- Stirring the Senses is ideal for those wishing to focus on wellness and wellbeing and may include sunrise and sunset yoga in the Grenadines or an encounter with a spiritual shaman.
- For guests who wish to give back, Cultural Connections will offer the opportunity to spend a day helping protect wildlife or the natural environment, among other philanthropic activities.
- Active Explorations caters to travellers looking for outdoor adventure such as swimming with turtles in Tobago Cays or a private sea kayak tour off the coast of Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Guests can also sail into a world of culinary exploration through Epicurean Experiences by visiting a renowned winery in Bordeaux with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection sommelier or learning to grow baby oysters in a private farm in Sete, France.
Meanwhile, for the discerning traveller seeking the most personalised way to explore a destination, a Concierge Ashore will be available to help craft a bespoke experience on land which will be meaningful and authentic. This may include insider access to a popular attraction or exploring a local community with a private guide.
The first of three lavish cruising yachts is scheduled to take to the sea in November 2019 and distinguishes Marriott International as the only provider of luxury accommodations both on land and at sea. The specially designed yacht will measure 190-metres, accommodate up to 298 passengers and feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace. The yacht will also feature two 158 square-metre lavish penthouse suites, each with its own private whirlpool, modern craftsmanship and interior finishes jointly designed by The Ritz-Carlton and leading design firm Tillberg Design of Sweden. The onboard experience will reflect the sublime comfort and unparalleled level of individualised guest service for which the iconic Ritz-Carlton brand is recognised, with one of the highest staff to guest service ratios in the cruise industry.
Reservations for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will open to the public in June 2018, following priority access booking in May 2018 for Ritz-Carlton and Marriott Rewards loyalty members.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection guests will enjoy an all-inclusive luxury sailing experience including spacious accommodations, onboard activities and entertainment, multiple dining venues, onboard gratuities and Wi-Fi. Voyage prices will vary based upon the itinerary and season.