Celebrity Cruises has unveiled The Spa on Celebrity Edge, a 2,000-square-metre sprawling space dedicated to relaxation and rejuvenation at sea.
Created in collaboration with world-renowned designer Kelly Hoppen, The Spa is inspired by the soothing elements of nature and Celebrity Edge’s mantra of bringing the destination closer to guests.
“Our aspiration for The Spa was the same aspiration we have for Celebrity Edge – to provide our guests with a deeper and more profound connection to the sea,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises.
“To start the revolution in relaxation, we turned once again to the visionary Kelly Hoppen to completely transform the spa experience and develop an atmosphere that envelops you in luxury and soothes your soul from the moment you walk in.”
In harmony with the warm opulence Hoppen has brought to the design of Celebrity Edge’s accommodations, suites and The Retreat, The Spa “had to be neutral in palette with complementary lighting, evoking a sense of calmness,” said Hoppen.
“Every aspect of the design is meaningful to me; from the dramatic crystal installation – which was inspired by the qualities that crystals have had on my life – to the imposing and dramatic yet Zen sculpture acting as a reception desk.”
Featuring more than 124 treatments, 31 therapists and offerings such as the Ocean Spa Wave Massage, Hot Mineral Body Boost, Poultice-Powered Muscle Release, Zero Gravity Wellness Massage, The Spa is the ultimate in pampering at sea.
Features of The Spa:
- SEA: Nature infuses every moment of the experience at The Spa through a concept called SEA – inspired by the Sea, Earth and Air.
- The SEA Thermal Suite: an evolution of the Persian Gardens on the brand’s current fleet, with eight distinctive therapeutic experiences harnessing the benefits of natural elements. Experiences include The Hammam, Salt Room, Steam Room, Rainfall Water Therapy Room, Float Room, heated tile loungers, Infrared Sauna and Crystalarium.
- Relaxation Lounge: A sumptuous lounge surrounding guests in a Zen-like ambience. Every treatment starts with a welcome ritual to prepare one’s mind, body and spirit for the pampering to follow.
- A specialty treatment table collection unrivalled at sea:
o Spa Wave MLW Amphibia Table – Water-filled cushions adapt to guests’ anatomy for ultimate comfort, as well as customisable colour therapy lighting.
o WellMassage4D Table – Breakthrough technology to deliver a deeper and more relaxing massage.
o MLX Quartz Table – Warm crystals mould and shape around the body, releasing muscle tension and promoting a deeper state of relaxation.
- Idea Image Ocean, The Advanced MedSpa: Offering aesthetic services such as Dysport Wrinkle Treatments and Restylane Dermal Filler Treatment.
- The Barber: Traditional hot shaves and fresh cuts for the modern man.
- The Fitness Center: Featuring a range of classes including hot yoga, Technogym® Group Cycle, Fitness on Demand™, cardio boxing, and the first Bungee Fit and Peloton® bikes ever offered at sea.
- Kerastase Institute at Sea: Celebrity will partner with one of the world’s most advanced luxury hair brands, Kerastase.
- First line of Elemis Biotec facials ever offered on a Celebrity ship.
Celebrity Edge will spend her inaugural season sailing alternating seven-night eastern and western Caribbean cruise itineraries before transporting guests to the stunning vistas of the Mediterranean with a range of 7- to 11-night sailings from cities like Barcelona and Rome in 2019.
Homeporting and cruising from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Celebrity Edge will be making her first sailing on 1 December 2018. Celebrity Edge will be joined by three sister ships in 2020, 2021 and 2022.