Expedition cruising company, Aurora Expeditions, has unveiled plans to operate in a range of all-new destinations including Latin America, Caribbean Coast, Iceland, Greenland and East Coast Canada.
The new destinations were revealed as part of the full 2019/2020 global program which features five new expedition itineraries in regions between the poles, as well as six new trekking itineraries including the reintroduction of two treks in Nepal.
The global program marks a new chapter in Aurora Expeditions’ proud history as it prepares to launch the Greg Mortimer in October 2019. The state-of-the-art vessel has been purpose-built for adventure and will allow onboard expeditioners to explore new destinations and disembark the ship for small group excursions and cultural activities unique to each place.
Aurora Expeditions Managing Director Robert Halfpenny said the launch will be very well received by Aurora’s customer base with many loyal travellers keen for Aurora to offer itineraries outside of the polar regions.
“Aurora has been synonymous with Antarctica and the Arctic regions but with a new ship boasting innovative technology and comfort, we are now able to offer small ship travel to a range of new destinations,” Halfpenny said.
“The new itineraries will allow travellers to explore regions previously unvisited by cruise companies and this new product will see the Aurora spirit of small ship expedition cruising retainer with wildlife, nature and adventure at the heart of these experience.”
Aurora Expeditions Managing Director, Robert Halfpenny
“By travelling to warmer climates, our journeys will now also feature unique cultural excursions and local activities,” he continued.
The new itineraries Wild Chile, Treasures of a Coastal Desert, Pacific to Caribbean Discovery and Caribbean Odyssey span Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, Panama, Central America and Caribbean Coast.
The program also includes a new ‘Inuit Arctic and Beyond’ voyage which will close out the Arctic season with a 21-day expedition through Iceland, Greenland and East Coast Canada.
In addition to the new voyages, the program continues Aurora’s mountaineering legacy by introducing new treks and reintroducing a trekking program in Nepal – included with the blessing of Aurora Expeditions co-founder, Greg Mortimer.
The six new treks – Land of Fire and Ice, Jotunheimen Explorer, Mountains and Fjords, Swedish Trails, Classic Everest and Annapurna Base Camp – vary in intensity from easy to difficult, providing options for novice through to more experienced trekkers.
Launching alongside the global program are some exclusive early bird deals, including a saving of up to 25% (a maximum saving of approximately $5,600 per person twin share) on voyages, and 10% off standalone bookings for trekking in the Himalayas. Travellers can also receive a 10% discount on treks in Iceland, Norway and Sweden when booked in conjunction with an Arctic voyage.
“As always, we’ll be launching with the best value deals, so I encourage agents to reach out to their clients and book now,” said Halfpenny.
Aurora Expeditions new itineraries, highlights and pricing information:
Earlybird discount of up to 25% off new voyages where availability permits
- The Wild Chile itinerary is 16 days visiting Ushuaia, Argentina to Valparaiso, Chile and the remote Robinson Crusoe Island, priced from US$7,200
- The Treasures of a Coastal Desert itinerary is 14 days visiting Santiago, Chile to Guayaquil, Ecuador, priced from from US$6,200
- The Pacific to Caribbean Discovery itinerary is 11 days visiting Guayaquil, Ecuador to Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, including a unique daylight Panama Canal crossing, priced from US$4,800
- The Caribbean Odyssey itinerary is 16 days visiting Cartagena de Indias, Colombia to Miami, United States, priced from US$7,200
- The Inuit Arctic and Beyond itinerary is 21 days visiting Reykjavik, Iceland to St John’s, Canada, priced from US$14,900
- The Land of Fire and Ice itinerary is nine days visiting Reykjavik, Iceland, priced from $8,140
- The Jotunheimen Explorer itinerary is 10 days visiting Oslo, Norway, priced from $7,450
- The Mountains and Fjords itinerary is 10 days visiting Oslo, Norway to Bergen, Norway & Bergen, Norway to Oslo, Norway, priced from $9,640
- The Swedish Trail itinerary is 10 days visiting Stockholm, Sweden to Tromso, Sweden & Tromso, Sweden to Stockholm, Sweden, priced from $8,510
Earlybird discount is 10% off when booked as a standalone and where availability permits
- The Classic Everest itinerary is 11 days visiting Kathmandu, Nepal, priced from $7,700
- The Annapurna Base Camp itinerary is 15 days visiting Kathmandu, Nepal, priced from $4,100
Bookings are on sale now.
Lead image – artist impression of Greg Mortimer at Prince Christian Sound Glacier, Greenland