Brand USA and Air New Zealand have revealed the 30 Australian travel agents who have secured highly sought-after positions on the 2018 USA MegaFam, the largest ever trade famil to depart Australia and New Zealand for the United States.
The US tourist office and Kiwi airline partnered for a second time to promote the diversity of the US for travellers, as well as the ease of getting there with the airline. To secure a spot, travel agents were asked to sell Economy, Premium Economy or Business Premier return Air New Zealand flights to the USA during the campaign incentive period, which ran from 8 June – 15 July 2018.
The 30 Australian travel agents will join 30 counterparts from New Zealand on the trip later this month. The troupes will split into six groups, with each group spending the first five nights exploring exciting music-themed itineraries in various, diverse U.S. destinations.
“We’re excited to announce our 30 Australian travel agents plus reveal the six unique USA music-themed itineraries which they will experience,” Brand USA Director, Australia and New Zealand, Matt Fletcher said.
“Between the groups, we’re covering many regions of the U.S., with landscapes and itinerary activities varying greatly, allowing agents to really see how diverse and special the country is. At the grand finale taking place in Las Vegas, agents will share their experiences and gain valuable knowledge for selling U.S. destinations upon their return. We’re looking forward to our best MegaFam to date,” Fletcher said.
The 30 travel agents heading over to experience six uniquely USA itineraries are:
- Deb Nicholson – Flight Centre QLD
- Hollie White – Flight Centre QLD
- Danielle Surplice – Flight Centre QLD
- Donna Howarth – Helloworld QLD
- Vicki Shepherd – Helloworld QLD
- Amber Daw – Helloworld QLD
- Jade Scanes – STA Travel QLD
- Tatiana Parry – MTA Travel QLD
- Lidia Brown – Zeppelin Travel QLD
- Larissa Hutton – RAA Travel QLD
- Alison O’Brien – Flight Centre NSW
- Krystal Brooks – Flight Centre NSW
- Rachael Barbera – Flight Centre NSW
- Marta Sejnohova – Flight Centre NSW
- Joe Khouangrasvongsy – Flight Centre NSW
- Chris Spencer – Flight Centre NSW
- Stacey McAlpine – Travel Associates NSW
- Nick Lalak – FirstClass.com.au NSW
- Olivia Warmington – Flight Centre VIC
- Briony Thomas – Flight Centre VIC
- Isabella Cilla – Flight Centre VIC
- Jiah Wright – Flight Centre VIC
- Hayley Peach – Helloworld VIC
- Chloe Franklin – The Travel Agency VIC
- Candice Holt – Toorak Travel & Cruise VIC
- Zach Rogers – STA Travel VIC
- Deanna D’Antonio – Flight Centre SA
- Lauren Watson – Phil Hoffmann Travel SA
- Jan Chappell – RAA SA
- Andy Jane – STA Travel WA
The itineraries for 2018 are:
- Rocking the Pacific North West ——————-> Visiting Washington and Oregon
- Soul Sounds of the South —————————> Visiting Louisiana & Mississippi
- Dancing through the Midwest ———————> Visiting Illinois & Michigan
- Neighbourhood Vibes ——————————–> Visiting California & Arizona
- Folk Songs from the Last Frontier —————-> Visiting Fairbanks & Anchorage, Alaska
- Native American Sounds —————————-> Visiting Montana & North Dakota
Air New Zealand’s Regional General Manager, Kathryn Robertson said the carrier was proud to team up with Brand USA for a second time, which includes Air NZ’s newest destination, Chicago.
“From 30 November 2018, Air New Zealand will fly three times weekly between Auckland and
Chicago year-round with a new configuration Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft and Australian
travellers can easily connect onto our North American network from across the Tasman. With the
addition of Chicago, Air New Zealand now flies to six North American ports giving customers many
options to explore the United States and beyond,” Robertson said.
Brand USA and Air New Zealand’s destination partners include Visit Seattle, Travel Oregon, Travel Portland, Visit Anchorage, Visit Fairbanks, Louisiana Office of Tourism, New Orleans & Company, St. Tammany Parish Tourist & Convention Commission, Visit Mississippi, Visit Mississippi Gulf Coast, Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau, North Dakota State Tourism, Montana State Tourism, San Diego Tourism Authority, Arizona Office of Tourism, Illinois Office of Tourism, Choose Chicago, Michigan State Tourism and Detroit Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Agents who missed out on a place on the MegaFam are encouraged to join the Backstage USA MegaFam Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/BackstageUSAMegaFam/ to stay tuned for further announcements on
locations and experiences within the destinations.