Travellers can now book and take emissions-free chauffeured rides in 20 cities around the world through Blacklane. The company’s new Green Class features Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles in Adelaide, Amsterdam, Auckland, Austin, Basel, Birmingham (UK), Denver, Dublin, Edinburgh, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Lisbon, London, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Paris, Phoenix, Sydney and Zurich.
The Green Class expands Blacklane’s fleet beyond its current Business Class, Business Van/SUV and First Class that are available in 260 cities worldwide. As local chauffeurs add more qualifying vehicles to their fleets, Blacklane will extend Green Class to new cities.
“We welcome battery-electric chauffeur-quality vehicles from all premium automakers to our fleet. Supporting business and leisure travellers with green travel options is essential to a healthy planet,” said Jens Wohltorf, CEO and co-founder of Blacklane. “We are proud to combine zero emissions with the vehicle comfort, quiet and performance that passengers expect.”
By booking Blacklane’s Green Class, companies can also lower their emissions and help fulfil Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals.
The Green Class builds on Blacklane’s environmental commitments. Last year, the company became the first ride service to offset carbon emissions from all rides globally. Blacklane also was a founding member of the World Alliance of Efficient Solutions. Most recently, Blacklane was certified completely carbon-neutral by offsetting emissions from its entire global operations.
Green Class rides come with the same high-quality standards and full duty of care as all other Blacklane trips:
- All-inclusive rates guaranteed at the time of booking. Blacklane never adds taxes, tolls, fees, tips or surges to fixed fares.
- Instant booking confirmations.
- Commercially licensed and insured drivers dressed professionally.
- Driver meet-and-greet, including luggage assistance.
- Up to one hour of free driver waiting time at airports and up to 15 minutes at all other locations, for transfers.
- Free changes and cancellations for transfers up to one hour before pickup.
- Real-time flight tracking and adjustment of pickup times according to actual arrival times.
- Free cancellations for transfers up to one hour before pickup.
- Driver contact information sent over SMS and email one hour before pick-up.
- 24/7 multilingual customer service on phone, email and social media.
And for travel agents, a commission is offered when booking Blacklane rides for their clients.
Blacklane for Travel Agents lets frontline sellers reserve one-way and hourly professional rides in less than a minute for travellers in more than 250 cities and 50 countries.
“Hundreds of travel agents use Blacklane each month without commissions. Their customers desire the quality, safety and affordability that define our service,” said Jens Wohltorf, CEO and co-founder of Blacklane. “It’s only natural to reward all travel agents worldwide who trust us with their clients’ travels.”
Travel agents register at www.blacklane.com/agency-direct-registration. Once confirmed, they either book on Blacklane’s website and apps or through partners. Those include Amadeus, Travelport, Sabre global distribution systems (GDSs) and the Amadeus Selling Platform.