Global luxury travel network Virtuoso has revealed the year’s most exceptional travel advisors, agencies and partners: the winners of the celebrated Virtuoso Awards. Among the winners was Brent Wallace, from SmartFlyer Australia (a division of Goldman Travel Corporation).
The prizes were distributed before more than 3,000 luxury travel leaders at a festive gala marking the end of the 30th annual Virtuoso Travel Week, held in Las Vegas at Bellagio Resort & Casino, ARIA Resort & Casino and Vdara Hotel & Spa.
Hosted by Virtuoso Chairman and CEO, Matthew D. Upchurch, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Terrie Hansen, and Senior Vice President of Global Member Partnerships, David Kolner, the gala feted the network’s most revered agencies, advisors and partners worldwide.
The Virtuoso Award winners are decided by their network peers. Virtuoso’s preferred partners vote for agencies and advisors, and travel agency members select the winning partners. This year’s Virtuoso Awards garnered thousands of votes, demonstrating high interest in the awards.
“Virtuoso is a network based entirely on the importance of human connection, and there is no better way to close Virtuoso Travel Week than to honour the members and partners who have forged some of the deepest personal connections,” said Upchurch.
“The Virtuoso Award winners consistently find new, creative ways to collaborate and exceed the client and guest expectations. Their outstanding performance is one important reason why Virtuoso’s presence and reputation continues to grow on a global scale.”
The 2018 Virtuoso Award winners are:
- Agency/Advisor Awards (as voted by partners)
- Most Hospitable Agency – US/Canada: SmartFlyer
- Most Innovative Advisor – US/Canada: John Oberacker, Montecito Village Travel
- Virtuoso Rising Star – US/Canada: Blaine Horton, Accomplished Traveler
- Most Admired Advisor – Asia/Pacific: Brent Wallace, SmartFlyer Australia
- Most Admired Advisor – Europe/Middle East/Africa: Alfonso Caballero Comendador, Beyond Traveller Ltd.
- Most Admired Advisor – Latin America/Caribbean: Tomas Perez, Teresa Perez Tours
- Most Admired Advisor – Canada: Andrew Grove, Vision Voyages
- Most Admired Advisor – US: Marlene Singer, Lake Shore Travel
Partner Awards (as voted by members)
- Airline of the Year: Emirates
- Service Partner of the Year: Travelex Insurance Services
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership – Partner: Lindblad Expeditions
- Cruise Line of the Year: Crystal Cruises