Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the top-of-the-line hotel brand within the Hilton portfolio, has officially opened the Waldorf Astoria Bangkok within the 60-storey Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard.
The 171-room and suite hotel exudes a sense of Thai spirit, perfected with True Waldorf Service. A wealth of amenities include a rooftop restaurant and two bars, a wellness spa, outdoor infinity pool and elegant meeting and wedding venues.
“With Asia Pacific enjoying a golden age of travel, we are witnessing unprecedented demand for our brands and are creating some of the world’s greatest luxury hotels,” said Alan Watts, president, Hilton, Asia Pacific.
“As the first Waldorf Astoria in Southeast Asia, the opening of Waldorf Astoria Bangkok adds a much-anticipated chapter to the brand’s story in Asia. It builds on our series of iconic Waldorf Astoria hotels in Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu, while prefacing the arrival of additional unforgettable Waldorf Astoria hotels in the near future.”
From bronze accents to the soaring ceilings, the hotel has been thoughtfully designed by architect André Fu to be a visual journey.
Hotel luxuries to discover during a stay:
- Sumptuous guest rooms, starting at 50 square metres, with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Six restaurants and bars, including rooftop dining 55 floors up and a signature Nordic–Thai Restaurant
- A pampering experience at Waldorf Astoria Spa with its exclusive treatments
- Open-air infinity pool with private cabanas, plus a 24-hour fitness centre
- Diverse settings with natural light for corporate meetings, social events and weddings
- Personal Concierge for the entirety of the stay, providing anticipatory yet unobtrusive service
Waldorf Astoria Bangkok is enviably located in the CBD, just a short walk from renowned shopping precincts. It’s a two-minute walk to both routes of the BTS Skytrain to easily connect with this dynamic city.
The hotel’s crown jewel spans the top three floors from levels 55 to 57, comprising three distinctive, artistically curated dining outlets by world-renowned design and concept firm AvroKO. Exuding glamour and luxury, the opulent interiors of Bull & Bear, The Loft and Champagne Bar showcase a nod towards the Waldorf Astoria legacy, all accompanied by sweeping views of the city.
“We are thrilled to be adding Waldorf Astoria Bangkok to our rapidly expanding luxury portfolio here in Asia Pacific,” said Dino Michael, global head, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts.
The property features three unique restaurant concepts, a lounge and two bars, including:
- Front Room, the hotel’s signature restaurant, helmed by acclaimed Chef Fae Rungthiwa Chummongkhon, who brings her experience of working at Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe to present an elegant blend of “new Nordic” and Thai flavours in a relaxed setting.
- The Brasserie, located on the upper lobby, is a lively destination that offers stunning views of the city. Using locally sourced ingredients, the restaurant serves traditional French brasserie fare daily from breakfast through dinner.
- Peacock Alley, which sits on the same level as The Brasserie, is an ideal lounge for picturesque afternoon teas and light meals. Modelled after the New York original, Peacock Alley presents a menu of delectable homemade pastries and refreshments throughout the day.
- Bull & Bear on level 55 specialises in grilled meats and seafood, and features a live raw bar along with a custom-made grill designed for smoking, slow roasting, baking and grilling. Eye-catching Art Deco-inspired interiors, upbeat vibes and dazzling views make Bull & Bear the perfect place to socialise, celebrate and indulge.
- The Loft on level 56 is a glamorous, New York-inspired bar, steeped in the romance of Art Nouveau. Taking inspiration from the original 1935 Waldorf Astoria Bar Book, artisanal spirits and forgotten cocktails are crafted to the modern palate using a great collection of house-made ingredients, accompanied by gourmet bar bites.
- The Champagne Bar, located at the hotel’s peak on level 57, offers an intimate and inspirational environment, designed with meticulous attention to detail. An exquisite list of fine champagnes, hand-crafted cocktails and one of the best views of Bangkok combine to create the ultimate setting for a spectacular evening out. Accessible only to the most discerning of guests, the exclusive bar is primed to be one of the most desirable spots in the city.
- Arguably the most striking feature of the property is the 730-square-metre Magnolia Ballroom on level 10, which offers a stunning and sophisticated setting for weddings and social events. A statement sweeping staircase provides an unforgettable photography backdrop and an impactful arrival experience. With an impressive 8-metre-high ceiling, the ballroom accommodates up to 700 guests standing or 330 guests seated, and it is set to be one of Bangkok’s most sought-after event venues.