Soneva has forged a unique partnership with the Michelin Guide for 20 dinner events which will be hosted at its resorts in the Maldives and Thailand. The dinners, which run from this month until mid-2019, as part of Soneva’s Festival of Colour, a celebration of Soneva’s diverse array of visiting experts and designed to offer unique guest experiences.
Throughout the festival, some of the world’s most celebrated and decorated chefs, all of whom have come from Michelin-starred restaurants, will be hosting highly exclusive dinner events at Soneva properties, each for a maximum of eight resort guests at a time. It is the first time that the Michelin Guide has done any kind of event in the Maldives. The partnership is also designed to appeal to the international foodie scene and cement Soneva’s reputation as an epicurean destination.
The collaboration will be jointly promoting the following chef events, most of which feature chefs from restaurants worldwide with two or three Michelin stars:
- The already hosted eKiko Moya, from two-starred Spanish restaurant L’Escaletta, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi between 26-31 August 2018
- Gert de Mangeleer, from three-starred Belgium restaurant Hertog Jan, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 7-12 October 2018
- Bruno Oger, from two-starred French restaurant La Villa Archange, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 15-21 October 2018
- Yoann Conte, from two-starred French restaurant Bord du Lac, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 5-12 November 2018
- Pere Planaguma, from two-starred Spanish restaurant Les Cols who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 25 November – 2 December 2018
- Tim Raue, from two starred German Restaurant Tim Raue, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 5-14 December 2018
- Ronan Kevarrec, from two-starred French restaurant La Table de Plaisance, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani from 22 December – 4 January 2019
- Tom Aikens, from two-starred UK restaurant Toms Kitchen, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 14-17 February 2019
- Guillaume Bracaval, from two starred French restaurant Michel Troisgros, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 4-9 March 2019
- Maxime Meilleur, from three-starred French restaurant La Bouitte, who will be cooking at Soneva Fushi from 6-11 October 2019
*The Michelin stars represented above are based upon the respective restaurant’s recognition for 2018 edition in their respective cities/ territories.
The remaining chef events will be announced soon.
More than 30 chefs are confirmed to visit Soneva properties in 2018 and 2019, most of which have originated from restaurants that have received Michelin stars. In addition to the chefs, Soneva will be welcoming explorers, free-divers, astronauts, astronomers, authors, wellness experts, wine producers, sake experts, and other people who will all be offering guest activities. The full list of visiting experts can be viewed here.
For more information about the Festival of Colour, visit soneva.com/festivalofcolour