Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an upscale brand within the AccorHotels Group, is celebrating Swiss cuisine and the culinary versatility of chocolate with a new global menu of savoury dishes featuring a sweet twist.
The brand’s talented ‘food artisans’ have made Mövenpick chocolate the hero of seven dishes in its ‘Chocolate on the Salty Side’ promotion, which runs from 10 October to 20 November 2018 at select Mövenpick hotel and resort restaurants worldwide. From salmon fillets enlivened with dark chocolate to a savoury tarte tartin with a white chocolate flourish, each new creation offers up something distinctively flavourful and showcases the wonderful versatility of chocolate.
The seven chocolate-inspired creations include:
- Marinated ‘beetroot salmon’ with root vegetables and 72% dark chocolate to enhance the meal’s rich earthiness (see lead image);
- ‘Tomato tarte tartin’ where ‘white lemon’ chocolate complements the goat’s cheese, pine nuts and coffee beans;
- ‘Sea bass and green tea’ – a light foam of green tea, almonds, nuts and Mövenpick ‘Maple Walnut’ is the star (below);
- ‘Minute beef goulash’, with a traditionally-made Hungarian goulash sauce, enriched with dark chocolate (below);
- ‘Lamb shank and pesto’, slow-roasted and then refined with pistachio and hazelnut chocolate pesto (below), and;
- ‘Duck breast and potato pie’, with white chocolate, lime and pepper giving the pink-roasted meat a delicate yet spicy freshness (below).
Guests can finish their meal with a tempting ‘chocolate pavés au chocolat’, combining milk chocolate, crispy cocoa bean fragments, sizzling pecan nuts and slightly bitter matcha powder, all with a hint of green tea and paired with an espresso.
The quality of Swiss craftsmanship is world-famous and even the country’s chocolate is produced with legendary precision. Mövenpick chocolate is made in keeping with the tradition, as well as its own culinary values that date back 70 years, and is produced in Switzerland using 100% cocoa butter.