Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is now offering agents the ability to waitlist clients on booked out sailings. The new functionality comes as the luxury cruise line unveiled a range of technology enhancements to its “River Currents” travel advisor booking tool.
“These new advancements will offer travel advisors more opportunities to generate sales, save time and ultimately avoid missing out on potential client bookings,” Uniworld said.
According to Uniworld President and CEO Ellen Bettridge, improvements to the popular booking tool and need to waitlist guests for sold out cruises were informed by the brand’s partner travel advisors. “We value our partner agencies and travel advisors. After all, they engage with us and our technology every day and understand best how the tools can benefit their business. Based on their recommendations, we are delighted to deliver these new updates,” Bettridge said.
The brand-new waitlist functionality is available effective immediately for both Uniworld and U by Uniworld clients, which was created so that travel advisors can add their clients to a waitlist on selected sold out cruises for a minimal deposit.
Other new major technology enhancements are to River Currents and include:
- Expanded Promo Code Functionality and Messaging. When utilising a promotional code, once entered, River Currents will now advise status of the Promo Code as either “successfully applied” or “rejected / invalid”.
- Clear Break Down of the Savings. In the “Breakdown Section” after the promo code has been applied, it will breakout the savings amount upfront. Travel advisors no longer need to complete a booking to see the full savings breakdown.
- Ship Board Credits. Any applicable Ship Board Credits will now be notated in the savings breakdown section during the booking.
- Simple Invoice Sending Options. Should a travel advisor wish to send, view, print or e-mail a copy of an invoice for a booking, they can now do so via River Currents.
- Booking Status Displays. All bookings made in River Currents are now displayed so that travel advisors can easily determine a booking’s status. Statuses include: Confirmed, Paid in Full, Deposit, Released and Cancelled.
Lead image: SS Beatrice