Seabourn has introduced a new pre-cruise opportunity for guests to explore the beauty of western Canada during the upcoming 2019 season in Alaska and British Columbia through the UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Seabourn Journeys package. Guests will experience the grandeur of the majestic Canadian Rockies, the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of Banff National Park and picturesque Lake Louise, including two days on one of the world’s most spectacular rail journeys in a luxury, glass-domed coach.
The signature seven-day land program is designed along the lines of other pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys around the globe, offering in-depth experiences of local culture, history and natural wonder with transportation and accommodations at first-rate hotels and restaurants included. This exclusive and optional Seabourn Journey is available in conjunction with select departures for the 2019 Alaska and British Columbia cruises on board Seabourn Sojourn.
“This new Seabourn Journey is a perfect example of how Seabourn heightens cruising with land-based exploration of the stunning scenery and culture of the most beautiful places on the planet, with the rail cars being a perfect complement to the overall luxury travel experience,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn.
Highlights of the weeklong UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Journey include:
- Take a scenic drive by premium motor coach through the Canadian Rockies to Banff, with captivating sights along the way including Hoodoos rock formations, Tunnel Mountain Drive, and Surprise Corner where views suddenly open up into picture-postcard-worthy perspectives on Banff.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Banff and Yoho National Parks on a full-day guided tour to dreamy destinations such as Lake Louise, Takakkaw Falls, Spiral Tunnels in Kicking Horse Pass, and strikingly shaded Emerald Lake, the largest of Yoho’s 61 lakes and ponds, surrounded by unique flora.
- Tap a Seabourn Journey Escort to plan a day of touring on your own in Banff National Park with possibilities including upscale shopping on Banff Avenue, the Banff Museum, soothing soaking in famous hot mineral springs, and more.
- Ride the rails deep into the heart of the Canadian Rockies with two days through scenic canyons, valleys, and the lush coast of British Columbia onboard Rocky Mountaineer. Spacious seating in the bi-level, glass-domed GoldLeaf Service coach with historic storytelling from attentive hosts ensure a memorable trip, with Instagram-worthy moments around every bend.
The UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Seabourn Journeys package is available on the following voyages from Vancouver:
- 7 June and 20 August 2019: 11-day sailings from Vancouver to Anchorage (Seward)
- 2 July and 14 September 2019: 12-day roundtrip cruises from Vancouver
Seabourn’s 2019 Alaska and British Columbia season will include a series of 11-, 12- and 14-day voyages between June and October 2019. Itinerary highlights include:
Ultimate Alaska Sojourn – An 11-day voyage northbound from Vancouver, British Columbia to Anchorage (Seward), Alaska. Three departures from June to August will feature Ketchikan, Sitka, Haines/Skagway and Juneau, as well as scenic cruising to Tracy/Endicott Arm and Misty Fjords. Departures 7 June, 14 July and 20 August.
Ultimate Glacier & Fjord Adventure – A 14-day sailing southbound from Anchorage (Seward), Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia. Three departures from June to September will begin with scenic cruising of the beautiful Kenai Fjords and Aialik Glacier before visiting Alaska’s marquee ports and adding Prince Rupert and the First Nations villages of Klemtu and Alert Bay in British Columbia’s breathtaking Inside Passage. Departures 18 June, 25 July and 31 August.
Ultimate Alaska & Inside Passage – A 12-day round-trip Vancouver voyage sailing four times between July and September. These voyages visit Sitka, Ketchikan, Wrangell and Juneau in Alaska and traverse the beautiful Canadian Inside Passage to Prince Rupert, Klemtu and Alert Bay en-route back to Vancouver. Departures 2 July, 8 August, 14 September and 26 September.
All 2019 voyages in Alaska and British Columbia will offer highly coveted Ventures by Seabourn optional for-charge shore excursions featuring guided Zodiac cruising and kayak excursions launched directly from the ship, as well as hiking and wildlife viewing. Guests will not only enjoy glaciers, fjords and rustic ports that every Alaska cruiser expects, but also signature “hidden gems” that larger ships cannot access. The excursions will be led by Seabourn Sojourn’s expedition team of naturalists, science, wildlife and historical experts who will be available to interact with and inform guests in many ways throughout each sailing.
In addition to the new UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer package, Seabourn also offers an additional Seabourn Journey to explore Alaska more in-depth with the Denali Experience, which is available before or after select Seabourn Alaska voyages. The five-day Denali Experience is a fully escorted, custom-designed land adventure promising awe-inspiring wonder with luxury accommodations and culinary options. Venturing into the Great Land, Seabourn guests will soar high above glaciers in a flightseeing plane, as well as head deep into the protected wilderness of Denali National Park with a guide to spot grizzly and black bears, wolves, moose, caribou and more.