MSC Cruises has opened sales for its behemoth 6,334-guest MSC Virtuosa, which will spend her inaugural season in the Western Mediterranean from 8 November 2020. Sales are initially open exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members, as one of the many benefits of the program that rewards loyal MSC Cruises guests. For all other guests, sales will open on 3 December.
MSC Virtuosa will be the fourth ship in the Meraviglia generation and the second Meraviglia-plus ship with additional cabins and even more public space, complementing MSC Meraviglia which entered service in June 2017. MSC Virtuosa has been named to pay homage to the skill and expertise of its architects and shipyard partners at Les Chantiers de l’Atlantique who designed and built this innovative class of ships, which delivers “excellence” in both hardware and software when it comes to the guest experience.
This groundbreaking class of ships has been designed to be rich in onboard features and MSC Virtuosa will be no exception, offering MSC Cruises guests a wide range of entertainment, dining, relaxation, shopping and other features, as well as the MSC Yacht Club “ship within a ship” concept for those seeking exclusivity and luxury within a world of choice. MSC Virtuosa will offer guests a singular holiday experience with highlights such as:
- Two brand-new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows created exclusively for MSC Cruises’ guests by the world leader in live entertainment, Cirque du Soleil. With performances six nights per week in the purpose-built Carousel Lounge, guests will be able to enjoy a unique experience that cannot be had anywhere else at sea, available exclusively on board MSC Cruises’ Meraviglia generation ships.
- The very latest in technology designed to enrich the guest cruise experience as part of the much-acclaimed digital innovation program, MSC for Me. Every cabin will be fitted with custom-built voice-enabled Artificial Intelligence technology. Zoe, MSC Cruises’ new digital cruise assistant – an industry first – is a bespoke device designed by HARMAN International, the experts in the field of voice-enabled technology. She will speak seven languages and will be on hand to offer guests a simple and stress-free way to find information about everything the ship has to offer in the comfort of the cabin.
- An unprecedented choice of both fine dining and more casual options serving fresh, authentic food to meet the tastes of all guests across multiple venues, plus a huge range of bars for every occasion.
- The Promenade will be extended with a larger shopping area and will feature a new restaurant concept exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests. In addition, a new bar and lounge, L’Atelier Bistrot will offer lounge seating with a stage and a dance floor in the heart of the Promenade.
- A wide array of family facilities and entertainment make this ship ideal for family holidays, thanks to programs and facilities designed in partnership with leading family experts including LEGO and Chicco.
- Six ports in seven nights in the Western Mediterranean: MSC Virtuosa will call at the iconic ports of Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona as well as other highly sought-after destinations.
MSC Virtuosa will be fitted with state-of-the-art environmental technology to reduce her environmental footprint, including an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This is all part of MSC Cruises’ commitment to providing guests with the best holiday experiences at sea in a sustainable way.
When booking MSC Virtuosa over the initial two-week opening-of-sales period exclusive to them, MSC Voyagers Club members will receive a special 5% discount in addition to their 5% loyalty discount, as well as benefitting from being able to have the first selection of cabins. Other guests will also enjoy a 5% early booking discount until 3 June 2019.
MSC Virtuosa will commence her maiden voyage from Genoa, Italy on 8 November 2020.