Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, will add more than 20 new properties around the globe to its network in 2019. From what is set to be the hottest new resort in Indonesia and a bohemian gem in Costa Rica, to a stately luxury hotel in the American South and a sustainable retreat in Georgia, these new independent hotels offer travellers unparalleled world-class service and one-of-a-kind experiences that reveal the true essence of each destination.
Among the range will be:
- Lelewatu Resort Sumba in Sumba Island, Indonesia. Earmarked to launch in April 2019, and set on a tropical and relatively unknown paradise in Indonesia’s archipelago, Sumba Island turns heads with its remote pristine beaches, world-class surf, lush jungles and rich local culture. The resort’s 27 luxurious villas are designed with authentic Sumbanese wooden interiors, handwoven ikat fabrics, indoor marble baths and private pools. Guests can sample local delicacies at two gourmet restaurants, be pampered at Maraga Spa and experience a host of activities including yoga, horseback riding, trekking and exploring the beautiful coastline, traditional villages, sacred lakes and waterfalls.
Rates at Lelewatu Resort Sumba start from US$910 per villa per night.
- Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. Opening at the end of December 2018, Mallorca’s newest retreat is located in Palma’s idyllic Old Quarter, just minutes from the harbour. Hidden on a quiet cobblestone street, this renovated medieval mansion features restored antique frescoes, wooden beams and gothic relics of the past alongside contemporary design and curated modern artworks to elevate the property’s crumbling aristocratic beauty. The 24 individually designed suites boast ornate details including velvet curtains, extra-large king-sized beds and decadent, freestanding bathtubs.
Rates at Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden start from US$342 per room per night.
- The First Roma Dolce, sister property to the award-winning The First Roma Arte, is set in a beautiful 19th-century building on Via del Corso, one of Rome’s most iconic streets, just a stone’s throw from attractions such as Piazza del Popolo, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and The Vatican. Debuting in February 2019, the boutique hotel, designed by the visionary architect Giuseppe Valadier, has 23 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites, with stylish headboard libraries and Saint Laurent marble bathrooms.
Rates at The First Roma Dolce start from US$350 per room per night.
Other 2019 openings include:
- Atelier Playa Mujeres – Playa Mujeres, Mexico – Launching January 2019
- Estudio Playa Mujeres – Isla Mujeres, Mexico – Launching January 2019
- Garza Blanca Los Cabos – Los Cabos, Mexico – Launching January 2019
- Hotel Bennett in Charleston, South Carolina, US – Launching January 2019
- Mystery Hotel Budapest – Budapest, Hungary – Launching January 2019
- Santarena Hotel – Las Catalinas, Costa Rica – Launching February 2019
- The One Palacio de Anunciada – Lisbon, Portugal – Launching March 2019
- Hotel EQ – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Launching March 2019
- Hotel Hendricks – New York City, US – Launching March 2019
- Amerikalinjen – Oslo, Norway – Launching March 2019
- The Kitano Hotel Tokyo – Tokyo, Japan – Launching April 2019
- The Greystone – Miami Beach, Florida, US – Launching April 2019
- Hotel Samzeo – Omalo, Georgia – Launching May 2019
- Encore Boston Harbor – Everett, Massachusetts, US – Launching June 2019
- The Chedi, Mumbai – India – Launching June 2019
- The Laszlo – Parker, Colorado, US – Launching August 2019
- The Diaoyutai Mansion – Frankfurt, Germany – Launching August 2019
- Paramount Dubai – Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Launching September 2019
- The Daytona Beach Convention Hotel – Daytona Beach, Florida, US – Launching October 2019
- Amrit Resort – Singer Island in Palm Beach, Florida, US – Launching November 2019
Whether travelling for business or leisure, travellers can access exclusive member rates and earn reward points at more than 650 member hotels from the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio with the I Prefer Hotel Rewards program. Free to join, the program extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures and elite status.
Lead image: Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden