Australia’s award-winning restaurant Laura at Pt. Leo Estate has been named one of 13
new global appointments to Relais & Châteaux, a globally renowned collective of the world’s
finest hotels and restaurants.
The Mornington Peninsula fine-diner has become one of only four Australian members, and
the only property in Victoria, to join the Relais & Châteaux fold alongside Tetsuya’s, Hentley
Farm and The Louise.
Laura, which opened in March 2018, was named after Jaume Plensa’s celebrated 30-tonne
cast iron sculpture. In keeping with the moniker, the team serves fine cuisine in a modern and
elegant setting within the exceptional Pt. Leo Estate, surrounded by its own vineyard and
world-class sculpture park.
The dishes are the creations of the Estate’s Culinary Director Phil Wood. The set-course
degustation celebrates the regional produce of the Mornington Peninsula, crafted from the
region’s finest ingredients and producers: duck eggs from Heritage Farm, goat’s milk from
Main Ridge Dairy, vegetables from Benton Rise Farm, and the Estate’s own honey.
Head Sommelier Andrew Murch adds his epicurean expertise to this Mornington Peninsula
culinary journey with his bespoke 600-strong label wine list.
‘We’re honoured to achieve the coveted recognition of Relais & Châteaux and become one of
only a handful of Australian members,” says General Manager Roger Lancia.
The restaurant is open seven days a week
- Lunch and dinner Thursday–Sunday with Sunday lunch only (from 12pm and 5pm)
- Set menu of up to six courses, with wine matching if desired
For bookings go to www.ptleoestate.com.au.
Cellar Door & Sculpture Park:
Open 11am–5pm; $10 entry to sculpture park (diners complimentary)
Other new additions joining Relais & Châteaux include:
- Palais Ronsard, Marrakech
- Blackberry Mountain, Tennessee
- Rosedon Hotel, Bermuda
- Le Calandre Restaurant, Rubano (Italy)
- Ristorante Quadri, Venice (Italy)
- Hotel Plaza e de Russie, Viareggio (Italy)
- Chateaux de Drudas, Drudas (France)
- Grantley Hall, Grantley (UK)
- Dragsholm Slot, Horve (Denmark)
- The Purist Villas & Spa, Bali
- Gaggan Restaurant, Bangkok
- Restaurant Suhring, Bangkok