Sereno Hotels has this month reopened Le Sereno St. Barth following damage from Hurricane Irma in September 2017. The owners decided to demolish the luxury property and completely rebuild from scratch a significant part of the property, including more than half the rooms and all the public spaces.
The revitalised Le Sereno St. Barth has maintained the iconic style of Le Sereno, which has a devoted following among guests. An intimate beachfront property located on the ultra-private Grand Cul de Sac – a protected coral reef that is popular for kitesurfing, paddle boarding and snorkelling – Le Sereno has long beckoned travellers for its contemporary design and understated luxury service.
With the high level of attention to detail and design-driven ethos for which Sereno Hotels is renowned, the new Le Sereno’s new features include:
- The entire Bungalow Piscine room category has been built from the ground up, featuring larger rooms and new interior design
- Three new rooms have been added to the Bungalow Piscine category, two of which are part of a brand-new Family Suite offering that includes private pools for each suite
- All-new waterfront Grand Suite Plage Sud rooms built from the ground up, featuring a larger bedroom and private garden with outdoor bathtubs
- Completely redesigned restaurant with new bar, lounge and an all-new beach restaurant extension, where guests can dine with their feet in the sand. Le Sereno’s much-loved oak roof was rebuilt, and amazing views of the lagoon remain intact
- Brand-new spa and treatment rooms with products from Valmont and Sothys, and fitness facility with new exercise equipment
- New garden space leading up to the Grand Suite Plage rooms, which will retain their classic look with new interiors
- New on-site retail boutique featuring curated finds from the exquisite Milan-based boutique Larusmiani, the oldest menswear brand of Via MonteNapoleone which offers a wide selection of handcrafted-in-Italy gentlemen’s clothes and accessories. At Le Sereno, the Boutique will also host a special section called Ladies First, a selection of women’s beachwear, accessories and jewellery available exclusively at the hotel
- The total room count will increase from 36 to 39 rooms
“The former Le Sereno was beloved by clients and in the past, when asked about potential renovations at Le Sereno, I always said that the hotel was almost perfect and that we continually invested a lot of money every year so that the property would keep its integrity. After the passing of Hurricane Irma, we had the unique opportunity to completely reimagine the hotel, while still making it feel the same,” said Luis Contreras, owner of Sereno Hotels. “We have applied our experience from operating the hotel for more than 10 years to implement state-of-the-art technology, while keeping all of what made Le Sereno so great. While the hotel is new, our loyal guests will feel that little has changed.”
The Spa at Le Sereno has been expanded and now includes three full treatment rooms, including the guest-favourite waterfront pavilion, a coveted space for relaxation and the island’s only beachfront treatment room. In-room spa services are also available. The new fitness room will boast the latest fitness technology and equipment. In between the spa and fitness facilities is a new garden that provides a serene space for guests to practice yoga or meditation.
New Restaurant Le Sereno and Beach Restaurant
The central heartbeat of the hotel is Restaurant Le Sereno, which will unveil a new look while still maintaining 180-degree views of Grand Cul de Sac. A fully open-air concept, the space takes maximum advantage of the dramatic surroundings giving guests a water view from almost every angle. A new bar centrally located in the restaurant will serve up craft cocktails made with the freshest ingredients and an extensive list of wines and spirits. The bar will also feature a newly added juice station, where guests can order up freshly squeezed wellness and detox elixirs.
Executive Chef Alex Simone returns to Le Sereno and will unveil a new menu for the restaurant that features signature dishes seamlessly integrated with updated offerings. With a focus on Mediterranean dishes made with the freshest ingredients and fit perfectly with the restaurant’s beachfront setting, guests will find French and Italian infusions throughout.
An all-new beach restaurant experience will also debut just steps from the crystal-clear waters of the Grand Cul de Sac. Located adjacent to the main restaurant, the entirely new space offers casual dining under the shade of coconut trees, where guests can have their feet in the sand and a million-dollar view of the Grand Cul de Sac’s protected reef. The restaurant is the perfect spot to sip on cocktails and enjoy a laid-back meal without having to leave the serenity of the beachfront location.
More at www.serenohotels.com